9

"I'll just go grab my water, be right back!" I said, standing up and walking into the kitchen. As I passed the basement door I got chills but I managed to ignore it and just grab my water bottle from the table.

As I was turning around, my left shoulder hit something. "Fuck-" I automatically grabbed my shoulder out of the pain. I turned around to see what it was that I hit but there was nothing there. I was standing right next to the table and the cabinets were good three feet away from me.

"What the..." I did 360, looking around but there was nothing that I could've possibly hit.

"What's up?" Colby asked, walking into the kitchen. "I don't know, my shoulder just hit something but there's nothing around me and I was standing right here." I pointed at the ground.

"Weirdddd."

Sam then came in with the camera in his hand, probably because he heard our conversation. "What happened?"

"She said she hit something with her shoulder but there's nothing around her." Colby said looking at Sam.

I rubbed my shoulder out of the pain that still didn't go away. Why didn't it go away?

"It hurts so bad bro, what the fuck?" I said. "For real?" Oh god yes I was. It hurt like someone just gave me a massive punch. "Yes!"

"Yo- we should probably check." I agreed and went to the living room so I could look at myself into the massive mirror that was in front of the couch.

I pulled the shirt down so my shoulder could be seen and there was a big bruise forming. "What the fuck!" I almost yelled. "What is this!"

"Wait, wait show it to the camera." I pulled my hair back so Sam could show it on the camera. It was a purple-blue bruise, it hurt pretty bad too.

"How did that happen though?" Colby asked confused. "Fuck that!" I pulled my shirt back and shook. My body was full of chills, I was actually scared shitless.

"No actually, how did that happen?" Sam took a step back looking at Colby who looked as confused as him. "Now, are you like for real, is that real bruise?"

"I'd let you touch it if it didn't hurt as shit!" I said, still processing how the hell did that thing got there. "It's a real bruise bro, I got it on camera." Sam said.

"And I got it on my shoulder." I tried to joke. I didn't though that they would actually laugh at that stupid joke but they did which made me laugh as well.

"Okay, but now we need to figure our how that actually happened." Sam pointed out. "I don't think I wanna know actually, don't know how about ya thoughhh..." I put my hands up.

"I kinda don't wanna figure that out as well-" Colby admitted. "Okay, you don't wanna know who did that to you?" Sam asked me, I just shrugged. "I mean, not really."

I thought about what I said. I actually did want to know. "Actually..." I started. "Maybe I do."

"We should do the Estes method." Sam said.

"And put the rem-pod in the doorway." I said.

"And one camera into the kitchen since you got that in the kitchen."

"Aren't there cameras all over this place?"

"Yes, there are."

"Is there one in the kitchen?"

"Yes, I know exactly what you're doing right here." Sam pointed at me. He looked like a proud father and it was funny.

"I'll text the owners." I nodded. Colby just looked between us like we were insane. "First of all, you two like think with one mind? Second of all, chill the fuck out, god damn." We all laughed as he was saying the end.

"Yeah, okay. Let's set it up!" I said, jumping up and down three times. I don't know why I was so exited in all the sudden. Not even few minutes ago I was saying I don't wanna figure out who or what did that to me and now I was here all exited to figure it out.

We all went separate ways. Colby went to the front door where all their stuff was laying on the small couch, Sam went somewhere to find his phone and I went back into the kitchen.

I walked in and it didn't feel that weird as it did when I came in not that long ago. It felt normal now. I looked around the table, trying to find my stuff and when I did, I grabbed the papers and my pen. Then I took the water bottle that I left there before.

I walked back and saw Colby setting up the rem-pod which didn't want to turn on and Sam on his phone in the doorway.

"Okay." Colby said, putting the rem-pod on the ground and grabbing the music box that he put down, facing the two doors that led into the library. "All done."

"Yeah, I'm just texting the owners." Sam said, focused on his phone that he didn't notice the rem-pod in front of him. He kicked into it and it flew across the floor while it also went off which made him jump. "Jesus-" he said. Me and Colby just laughed at him.

We sat down on the couch again, Colby placing the camera on the table in front of us. "Alright, who wants to go under?" Sam asked.

"I'll do it." I said confidently. "And she's not even afraid." He joked. "I'm actually scared shitless." I joke back.

He handed me the headphones, blindfold and the spirit box while I suffered with holding all of it in my hands.

I put the blindfold on as well as the headphones. "Whenever you're ready." Sam said. "I'm ready whenever y'all are."

I put the headphones over my ears and held my hands there so it helped me hear better. I felt Sam tap my shoulder and then the static noise turned on. It was going so fast I could barely understand.

Only

One

I heard. I said it out loud but I couldn't even hear my own voice. If I didn't feel the vibration of my own voice, I'd probably not know if I actually said something.

I can't understand

This one took me a second before I figured out what it actually said. It was weird to do this. It felt weird.