Episode 2: Jujutsu High

After a few minutes of riding the bus in silent, they arrived at their stop. They got off of the bus and saw a pathway leading up a mountain. "Is there where the school is?" Ash asked. "Yes. Jujutsu High is kept fairly secret, but if anyone finds out about the school, we just say it's a religion school," Isamu said. "Oh! Maybe that's why I've never heard of the school before!" Ash said.

They started walking up the mountain. "By the way, earlier when I fought that curse, you somehow made it disappear. How did you do that?" Ash asked. "That was my cursed technique. Pretty cool right?" Isamu asked. "Cursed Technique?" Ashton asked. "Yeah. A cursed technique is an Ability that Jujutsu Sorcerers possess and we use these powers by pouring Cursed Energy into them. Think of them like... House appliances. You can't use them until you power it with electricity," Isamu said. "Woah! Does that mean I can use a cursed technique?!" Ash asked.

"Maybe. A cursed technique isn't something anyone can learn. It's an ability that's etched into your body the day you're born. You possess enough cursed energy to see a curse, so it's a fifty percent chance that you also possess a cursed technique," Isamu said. "I see. So, it's all based on luck," Ash said. "Hmmm, I guess you can say that," Isamu said.

They arrived at the top of the mountain and Ash was amazed. "Woah! I didn't think the school would be this big!" Ashton exclaimed as he looked around.

 "Woah! I didn't think the school would be this big!" Ashton exclaimed as he looked around

"The school is so huge! Awesome!" Ash exclaimed loudly. Isamu put one finger on Ash's lips, silencing him. "Shhhh. You gotta be quiet. Jujutsu Sorcerers are trying to rest," Isamu said. "R-Right. Sorry," Ash said. They walked to the main building and Isamu knocked on the door. "Yoohoo! Principal Kazuto! I've got a potential student!" Isamu exclaimed in a singing tone. "(Didn't he just tell me that the sorcerers are trying to rest?)" Ashton thought while a sweat drop formed on his forehead.

They both heard a sigh from the other side of the door. "Come in Isamu," The voice said. Isamu smiled and opened the door. He and Ash walked inside and saw an old man sitting down in a chair.

"Isamu

"Isamu. You really have to stop showing up without warning," Kazuto said. "But it's important this time! I have a new student who wants to join!" Isamu said. Kazuto looked at Ash, who was visibly nervous. "I see. Introduce yourself then," Kazuto said. "Right! My name is Ash Shiro! I'm 16 and i want to be a Jujutsu Sorcerer!" Ash said while bowing.

"Why?" Kazuto asked. Ash looked up, confused. "Every Jujutsu sorcerer has a reason they're here. Some want to be powerful. Others want to get rich. What's your reason? Why do you want to risk your life?" Kazuto asked. Ash began to think.

"(Now that i think about it, i followed Isamu and accepted becoming a Jujutsu Sorcerer without even giving it a thought. Why do i want to be here? What's my motivation?)" Ashton thought. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "Mister Isamu saved my life from a curse earlier. That's my motivation. I want to grow stronger and save others. Save people who can't fight against curses," Ash said. Kazuto stared at him for a second.

"Awww, I'm your motivation," Isamu said as he rubbed Ash's head. Kazuto chuckled. "So, you want to save others. An honorable goal, but are you willing to risk your life to save another's? Jujutsu Sorcerers put their lives on the line everyday to protect people. Do you have the guts to do the same?" Kazuto asked. Ash took a step forward.

"Of course! I'll gladly put my life on the line if it means i can save even one person! I want to grow strong and protect others! When i was younger, my mom was a kind woman! She always put herself before others! I want to be like her!" Ash said. Kazuto closed his eyes and smiled. "That's good to hear. I can tell you're actually serious about this. That's why I'm glad to say that you're accepted in Tokyo Metropolitan Cursed Technical College. You're officially a Jujutsu Sorcerer," Kazuto said. "(That's one long name for a school.)" Ash thought.

"Well, technically, not yet. You still have to get a uniform and a student ID and then we have to grade you. Since you just joined, you'll most likely be a grade 4," Isamu said. "Grade? I'm so confused," Ash said. "Jujutsu Sorcerers are graded based on their level of strength. Grade 4 is the lowest and grade 1 is the highest, though it is possible to be ranked special grade, which means you're way stronger than the grading system," Isamu said.

"What grade are you and the principal?" Ashton asked. "Isamu is in between grades 2 and 1. He's currently a semi-grade 1," Kazuto said. "And what about you?" Ashton asked. "I'm a special grade," Kazuto said. "Wow! That's so cool!" Ash exclaimed. "Wow, way to steal the spotlight," Isamu murmured.

"Anyway, Isamu find him a room and we'll issue him a uniform. We'll give you a mission tomorrow to determine his grade," Kazuto said. "Right. Alright Ash, let's go," Isamu said. "Okay. Bye Mister Kazuto!" Ash said while waving. He and Isamu walked out of the building and made their way to one of the other smaller buildings.

"So, how many other students are there besides me?" Ash asked. "Well, you just started, so you're a first year. There's currently only five other first years, three second years, and 2 third years," Isamu said. "Oh wow, that's not a lot," Ashton said. "Remember, the school is private, so we don't have as many students as a public school like yours did," Isamu said. They arrived at a building and walked inside. It was a long hallway with lots of doors. "Here are the dorms! Go ahead and pick whichever one you like!" Isamu said.

Ash looked around and eventually just picked a random room. He opened the door and the only thing inside was a futon, a bathroom, and a small kitchen. Ash stared dumbfounded at the room. "Don't worry, I'll send one of assistant supervisors to grab your stuff from your house. Now, important question, would you like any modifications to your uniform?" Isamu asked. "Modifications?" Ash asked.

"Yes. Students are allowed to modify their uniforms to make them as comfortable as they want. They can also be designed. Mine was designed to look like a basic suit and tie, but still made of the same materials as a regular uniform," Isamu said. "Then, can i get a uniform with a zipper and hood?" Ash asked. "Anything else?" Isamu asked. "Can i have a white uniform?" Ashton asked. "A white uniform? Sure," Isamu said. "That's all the modifications i want," Ash said.

"Right. Well, you get some rest. You have your first mission tomorrow," Isamu said as he walked out of the room and closed the door behind him. Ash walked over to his futon and laid down on it. He took a deep breath, closed his eyes, and went to sleep.

End of episode