Episode 4: First Mission, Part 2!

After an hour of walking through a crowded sidewalk and a run down part of the city, they arrived at an abandoned hospital. "This is where the mission is?" Noah asked Isamu. "Yep! This hospital has been abandoned for years and many people create ghost stories about the place, which in turn creates negative emotions about the place, which goes on to create cursed spirits that haunt the place," Isamu said.

He turned and stuck his hand out towards Payton. "I need the cursed object i asked you to bring," Isamu said. Payton reached in his pocket and pulled out a pair of black gloves with a blue flame mark on them. Isamu grabbed them and tossed them to Ash, who caught them. "What're these for?" Ash asked. "They're a pair of gloves imbued with cursed energy. They're a grade 2 cursed object," Isamu said. "Cursed object?" Ash asked. "A cursed object is a weapon made with cursed energy. Just like Sorcerers, they can be graded on their strengths and usefulness," Payton said. "Since you can't use Cursed Energy, those will be your way of attacking curses," Isamu said.

Ash nodded and put the gloves on. "There's three cursed spirits inside the building. Two grade 4's and a grade 3. You think you can take them on?" Isamu asked. "Yep! I'll beat those curses and prove i can be a Jujutsu Sorcerer!" Ash said while clenching his fist. "We've got this!" Noah said determinedly. Isamu smiled and lifted his index and middle finger. "Good luck. I'm gonna put a veil up so no one can come along and get in your way," Isamu said. "Veil?" Ashton asked. "Man, you really don't know anything about the Jujutsu world, do you?" Payton asked, causing Ashton to put his head down shamefully.

"It's fine, Jujutsu High will teach you all of these things. Now step back," Isamu said. Ashton and Noah both took a step back. "Emerge from darkness, Blacker than darkness. Purify that which is impure," Isamu chanted quietly. Suddenly, the sky turned dark and a barrier began to slowly surround the area. "W-Woah! That's so cool!" Ash exclaimed. "Alright students! Good luck with those curses!" Isamu said while waving before the veil blocked him from Ash and Noah's view. "Welp, let's head in and look for these curses," Noah said. Ash and Noah both turned and made their way into the hospital. The inside was dark and patches of grass were growing from holes in the ground. Water dripped from random spots in the ceiling.

They were both walking in silence, so Ash decided to break the silence. "Sooooo... Why do you wanna be a Jujutsu Sorcerer, if you don't mind me asking," Ash asked. "Hmm. I've never really thought about it. My grandpa made me study Jujutsu when i was younger so i could get accepted into Jujutsu High. Joining Jujutsu High could mean i make lots of friends, or something," Noah said. "Well, looks like you've got your first one right here!" Ash said with a smile. Noah smiled back and the two went back to walking. They turned the corner and saw something ahead. It was a small curse with 6 legs and brown fur all over its body. It noticed the students and started running. "Hey! Get back here!" Ash shouted as he ran after it. "Ash, wait!" Noah said. Before he could run after Ash, something wrapped around his waist and pulled him away. "Ash!" Noah yelled, but Ash was too far down the hall to hear him.

He chased the curse down, turning corners and jumping over knocked over carts and chairs. The curse ran into a room, getting itself cornered. Ash walked into the room and cracked his knuckles. "You cornered yourself. Looks like i've got you now!" Ash said as he jumped forward and lifted his fist into the air. He brought his fist down quickly and punched the curse hard, causing the floor to crack. The curse exploded and blood splattered all over Ash. "E-Ewwww," He said as he tried to wipe the curse's blood out of his eyes. Unbeknownst to him, a humanoid curse with green skin and blue marks all over its body was sneaking up on him. Ash wiped the blood out of his eyes. "I killed one of the curses. This must've been one of the grade 4's, considering it was super weak. Anyway, i should go look for Noah," Ash said. He turned and was met with the humanoid curse throwing a punch. Ash reacted quickly and tried to block, but was too slow.

The curse punched him in the face, making him fly backwards into the back wall, which caused it to crack slightly. The curse ran towards Ash and lifted it's fist. A purple aura surrounded its fist. Ash jumped to the side as the curse threw it's punch, making it punch the wall. It's fist punched through the wall, causing it to get stuck. Ash used this as an opportunity to get an attack in. Ash did a roundhouse kick and landed the kick on the curses back, which made it smash through the wall. Ash walked through the hole in the wall and faced the curse. "Prepared to be killed or exorcised or whatever," Ash said as he cracked his knuckes.

Noah grabbed the thing around it's neck and crushed it, bringing him to a stop. "Alright whatever just attacked me, come out!" Noah said. He heard footsteps beside him and got into a fighting stance. A dark blue curse with 4 arms walked out of the shadows. Noah took a deep breath and glared at the curse.

Outside of the abandoned hospital and veil, Isamu and Payton sat on a bench while drinking Soda. "So Payton, what do you think of the new students? You think they've got what it takes to become a Jujutsu Sorcerer?" Isamu said. "Not sure. I've never seen either of them fight and Ashton doesn't even know how to use Cursed Energy. The results of this mission will determine what i think," Payton said before taking a sip of his drink. "You're one to talk about not being able to use Cursed Energy," Isamu said, causing Payton to kick him in the leg. Isamu laughed and looked back at the abandoned building. "(They have lots of spirit and strength. I'm confident they'll be able to become strong Jujutsu Sorcerers.)" Isamu thought.

End of episode