𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘

CHAPTER THREE written by janie and ashe the party — part one

CHAPTER THREE
written by janie and ashe
the party — part one

"What about this top?" Oli suggested, pulling out a black cropped shirt. Stella shrugged. "I'm not sure that really screams 'slutty' though." The boy sighed. "Are you sure you genuinely want to dress slutty, or is it just because Magnolia said so?"

"Do I want to? No." Stella leaned back onto her pillow
with a small sign. "But the last thing I need is to get on Magnolia's bad side, besides, the sluttiest thing I own isn't even that slutty. So I'm fine."

Oliver was still skeptical, but he continued looking for other potential options. "There's this tube top. Or is it a sleeveless corset? I can't tell, but it's short and looks slutty enough." He tossed it to Stella so she could decide for herself.

"If this doesn't scream 'slutty' then I don't know what else does." She laughed, but her tone was restrained and definitely annoyed. Stella was never the type of girl to dress like how Magnolia did, but she somehow knew that she had to. "Now what should we put with it?"

Oliver dug through her clothes a bit more before a pair of shorts caught his eyes. "Oh my god, did you borrow these from the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders?" He laughed and held them up for her to see.

Stella immediately groaned in embarrassment, "shut up, they're not even that short." She stood up and snatched them from his hands before he could make anymore jokes about them.

"Fine, fine," he chuckled. "That should look good together, though. Try it on," he suggested. "Not sure what I'm gonna wear. Maybe we could match," he laughed again.

"Oh yeah? Go dig through my clothes, I think I have another pair of these shorts you can wear too." She joked as she exited the room, re-emerging moments later with the top and shorts on. "What do you think?"

Oli pretended to cry. "God, they grow up so fast," he smiled. "You look great. Now go off to your little friend, I'll meet you there. Promise you won't spend the whole night with Magnolia? The group isn't the same without you."

"I promise." Stella smiled at him. "Besides, I'm sure Magnolia's gonna ditch me the second she realizes that this is like my first party, then I'll definitely have to hang with you guys."

He nodded, watching her exit the room with a sigh. Oli wasn't sure why, but he didn't like the idea of Stella hanging out with Magnolia. Maybe he'd just grown too attached to his best friend, and feeling jealous of the blonde would be a new personal low, but something about it didn't feel right.

The drive to Magnolia's house was a bit longer than Stella anticipated, nevertheless, she made it only about ten minutes late and parked on the street next to her house. Of course the house was in the richer neighborhood that Oliver and Stella were always envious of, but she brushed the thought away and walked up to the door, knocking on it three times.