𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫

CHAPTER SIX written by ashe and janie the cast list

CHAPTER SIX
written by ashe and janie
the cast list

Wade sat impatiently in the driver's seat of his car, tapping his left foot eagerly as his right foot held the brake. With a groan, he slowly shifted his car into park and laid his hand on the horn— long and loud. "Hunter! Hurry up before I drag your ass out myself!" He yelled through the window, honking again.

"Coming— Shit!" Was all that Wade could hear before Hunter barreled out of the house, one hand clasping his shoes and the other hand clasping his head. He threw himself into the passenger seat. "Go— Go— Go!"

Wade didn't even wait for Hunter to buckle his seatbelt, he instantly put his car back into drive and slammed his foot onto the gas pedal, speeding down Hunter's neighborhood.

It must be a gift from God that Layla only lived a few minutes away from Hunter, and she was a middle stop on the way to school, so Wade never had to go out of his way to pick her up.

He could spot the blonde from a mile away. Her cheer uniform shone brightly compared to the dark bushes that surrounded the corner of her street. She gave a wave at the beat down car and waited until it came to a full stop in front of her before she slid into the backseat. "Mornin' Wade, Hunt." She smiled. Her eyes scanned over to Hunter, almost filled with concern when she saw his hands holding his head.

Before she could say anything, Hunter began to explain. "Wade was rushing me so I ran into the cupboard." He shot a glare over at his best friend, who was having the time of his life laughing to himself. "And we're ten minutes early too, you bitch."

"I sure missed this." Layla joked, leaning back against the seat. Wade was always the designated driver to take Layla and Hunter to school. Mainly because Hunter was always too hungover to drive and Layla's parents couldn't even bother to buy her a car. Nevertheless, Wade refused to give her brother a ride to school, and Cameron, in turn, always found a girl to drive him.

They reached the school in a few minutes, Wade and Layla allowing the car to be silent for the rest of the ride so that Hunter's headache would go down. Wade pulled into his spot, at one of the corners of the because he was always scared of someone hitting his already dented mini Cooper. His parking spot was also left unpainted, since the school never bothered to choose a designated day for students to paint their spots.  They were early, so they chose to stay and sit in the car instead of loiter around the campus.

"So, how were the grandparents?" Wade asked Layla, turning around in his seat that he could see her. Hunter turned too, thoroughly interested in the vacation that led her to ghost their group chat for three weeks.

"It was nice." Layla smiled, "Really nice, actually. I really liked the break away from all this stuff— no offense."

Wade placed a hand against his heart. "Ouch, Lay. As though you could ever get a break from us." Hunter added in with a small smile, "I know you saw all the texts and felt left out."