The start of a new era

~ this is the final chapter after over a year of writing this ~ please if u want any more stories do tell me and give idea recommendations!! Ill read write anything for u guys ♡♡ and thank u to some of u extremely funny commenters who made me keep writing this 🤞🤞 and that one chuuya pfp person 😻😻😻😻 i will get u. 😋 ~

Aether POV:
It hurts. Everything hurts i don't want to move, the stinging sharp pain is killing me..literally. I can see across the room in the window sill is Lumine sleeping, my sister really is so majestic. And i look to my right and clinging to me like a baby bear is Xiao, i can tell from his expression hes been crying and it hurts me to think of him crying for me but it also makes me happy, knowing he cares for me even over something as futile as this. But sadly my war with destiny hasn't come to an end but i know they will never join me but they will wait for me and i will wait for them.

I open my mouth to speak but all i can taste is blood, my throat feels scratchy as though i swallowed 10 blades. My breathing becomes unsteady as i gag on my blood, my sudden movements awakening Xiao and he immediately sits up and grabs me by the shoulders pulling me upright i tilt my head down and blood drips out my mouth onto the bed sheets.
Xiao calls for Lumine and she quickly arises and runs out the room and moments later Baizhu runs into the room as my mouth won't stop bleeding.
Xiao moves away for Baizhu and everyones worried expressions hoenstly make me want to laugh, i feel fine. I feel numb and slowly i feel droopy as if i was hit with some sort of opium and i drift away until I'm completely unconscious. Im fine.

~

I open my eyes. Where am i? Im sitting under a large maple tree, next to me Xiao and Lumine, looking into the distance are beautiful fireworks and displays. Ah.. the lantern rite. Ive always wanted to see it with my sister and now Xiao. I turn my head from side to side and theyve never seemed more real, their eyes shine in the night and their unique hair flows with the breeze. They truly are flawless beings.

"Isn't this so fun? Brother?" Lumine looks at me with adoration as if i was a hero. But im not, she is, she is adored by all nations and all people but I've only caused problems for her.

"I'm sorry Lumine."

"Don't be silly, there's nothing to be sorry for!!" And there it is, that fun laugh she always has.

I could feel Xiaos hand squeezing mine I turn my head once again and i see Xiao, his golden eyes never cease to amaze me. I brush my hand through Xiaos turquiouse hair.

"I hope this never ends." Xiaos words were barely a whisper but i could hear them louder than anything else. I understand now this is our lives if they were perfect. Then i will take the opporunity to say what i wish i could say to the real you.

"Im going to be entirely honest with you, i love you, i love the way you persevere through all situations even if you suffer, your uniqueness, your abilities to fight evil. All these make me adore you." I want to say these to Xiao, my Xiao, the real one.

"Of course!! And i adore you too Aether.." I can tell he's smiling but I can't see it, it's all becoming a blur. Is this dream over? Is it all over? I want to see them again.

~

Xiao POV:

I wake up by sudden shaking and i look up and its Aether! Hes alive! But whats wrong? I notice quickly blood leaking out of his mouth and tears filling his eyes, hes chocking. I lift him by his shoulders and blood pours out his mouth. Whats wrong with him?? I remember what Baizhu told us and i look at Lumine.