Prologue

10 Years Ago

====================

Run.

Screams fill the corridor.

Run.

The surroundings are dark, only illuminated by the rare flicker of an emergency light. Two figures stand alone by a monitor. The taller one, a man, turns to the other, a woman.

"Where are the young ones?"

Run.

"Is Jane still safe?"

"She is taken care of, of course. Focus on the others."

"Of course, sir."

The man in a suit suddenly looks up, as part of the hallway starts to shake.

CRASH

A man in dark attire, hiding most of his face, rumbles through an entire wall, gripping an EMBER agent, with an indigo-violet ponytail, by the neck. She groans, visibly concussed, bleeding from the forehead.

Dropping her, the intruder's eyes glow a bright blue, as he looks at the suited man.

"Kane."

"I suppose you're not here for the nurse, are you?."

"YOU. I'll kill you."

The exec releases a long exhale.

"Ms. Penny, please see to Agent Glacier, we can still use her."

"Of course, sir."

A crack forms in the middle of the hall, splitting the two sides, as the aggressor's eyes glow brighter.

"Not a chance."

A yelp from around the corner can be heard. The taller man's eyes dart to the hallway intersection, and spots a pair of small hands.

"Ms. Penny, quickly deal with the agent here and retrieve the little one."

Run.

"As you wish, sir."

The intruder punches the ground, and produces a similar crack as before, but shoots concrete rubble from the floor at the man in black.

"Don't. Ignore. Me."

"Ah, I see how you got through these reinforced walls so easily now."

Kane sidesteps, and his red eyes start to glow.

"Tell me, kid. Did you coordinate this?"

"I owe you no words."

"... You're right, you couldn't have."

Red pellets form around Kane, each the size of a fly, and many of them start flying towards the man.

He dodges some by jumping to the right, and some pellets fly past him, right into the wall, almost burning through it instantly.

Wide eyed, the intruder backs up.

"Unfortunately for you son, I'm sure you wouldn't have gone through with this if you knew the information you have on me is ... outdated."