Chapter 4 - Who?

"Wait, who the fuck even are you? The both of you

"Wait, who the fuck even are you? The both of you. I need answers."

Kuyo steps towards the two.

"He's not the only one."

"Talk."

"Vigilantes, students, does it even matter? My brother and I have been fighting EMBER off and on for a couple of years now. I can help you."

"Brother?"

Isen looks around for the other boy. Then, after activating his ability and spotting him up above on the rooftops, he looks back down, turning off his ability.

"Well, he's not actually my brother by blood, but he might as well be. Cal is up on the roof, keeping a look out. You're not missing much, he doesn't talk much. Not anymore, anyways. No worries though, I can translate for him pretty well. You'll understand his nonverbal queues once you get to know him."

Isen raises an eyebrow in confusion.

"Wha– Whatever. Wait, you said you can help them?"

"Yeah, I can stop the bleeding, or at least better than the rags here are... I think."

"You think?! I'd like a bit more confidence from a stranger before letting him handle my friends' wounds!"

"Isen, just let him. I trust him. I think I've heard EMBER comms about his brother here. He's fine."

"Wait, really?"

Kuyo looks at Isen then back up towards the roof, where Cal is sitting, looking around consistently. Isen gives Alvy the metaphorical green light, and looks at Kuyo.

"So they are vigilantes? Like you? Like us?"

"Yeah, or at least that's how EMBER treats them. Worse even, maybe. I don't know what his brother up there has done, but he's been on EMBER's radar for a while. Even before Rei died."

Isen looks down to Alvy, who was muttering to himself while tearing the rags off of the two, focusing on their biggest injuries.

"If I compound my ability to shove blood back, it should limit the amount leaving through the wound, but if it –"

"Yo Alvy, you don't need to strip them naked, do you?!"

"Ah! Shoot, don't yell at me out of fuckin' nowhere man, and no, I'm not TRYING to strip them down, but their biggest wounds are around their chests, which is honestly only awkward for one of them, and you're not helping. Just... let me work."

"Tsk! Whatever. What is your ability, anyway? I thought you blasted Glace back there. That doesn't seem like a healing ability."

"Honestly, I don't really know. Never gotten it properly diagnosed."