Chapter Three

Bright,  luminescent lights shone on my face. Peeling my eyes open,  I could see the distant outline of a human,  towering over me. Their hair was blonde,  tied into a low ponytail, the closer she got,  the more details I could make out on her face.
The first thing I noticed was her hair,  then her large glasses resting on her nose,  next to her blue eyes and finally her whole face.  She was rather pretty.

"What do I do? " she asked in her raspy Brooklyn accent, "The patients awake...jeez-"

Metal grasped my hands and feet,  pushing them onto the table and restricting my movement.

"I'm your new psychiatrist, " she smiled widely,  turning off the luminescent light shining in my face, "My name is Dr Harleen Quinnzell and you are my first patient... Ever-"

Oh great they dumped me with the stupid one,  suppose it's better than the last.

Ah my last psychiatrist,  died of a heart attack,  at least that's what they told me.  Poor soul.

"so... " Harleen hummed to herself for a second,  before moving my chair up to face her, "I heard you had a bit of an... Outbreak yesterday,  involving Dr Crane? "

I nodded.

"Not much of a talker? " Harleen jotted that in her notebook, "I'll keep that in mind... " every few seconds she looked back up at me,  giving a small smile.  "so what is it that made you go feral - I mean angry! "

Shrugging, her face filled with disappointment.

"Has the cat got your tongue... Or is it me?  God I'm awful at this, " she let out a large sigh.

"it's not you, " I muttered, "Just don't feel like talking after you have been drugged to an inch of your life for twenty-four hours, "

"You know... I don't know how you guys put up with that, " Harleen awkwardly laughed, "I can barely swallow a pill,  can't stand needles and I took a degree in medical school. "

"I can't put up with it-"

"oh right... Yeah-" She wrote a quick note in her notebook, "you didn't choose to be here?  Did you-"

"Apart from when I chose to kill five people-" I murmured.

"sorry- what was that-" Harleen's face dropped like a ton of bricks, "They told me... You didn't kill anyone... That you were just a bit... Delulu - fuck - I mean mentally unstable, "

Did I kill those men? No matter how hard I tried... I couldn't remember doing it but.  Yet I knew I had done it- I had done.

"Why did you do it..? " Harleen jotted quickly in her notes.

"I can't remember-"

"You know,  sometimes I have moments like that,  like one time I thought I lost my favourite hat,  turns out I was wearing-" quickly,  she paused, "Forgot you were a patient there... Don't know why I was telling you that, " awkwardly,  she laughed.

"Because I have a trustworthy face, "

"Sure." quickly she smiled, "So..... "

"So? " I questioned. 

"You know-" Harleen sat behind a desk in front of me, "You don't seem that mentally unstable if I met you outside of here,  I would not think you mad- I mean mentally-"

"Dr - whatever your name is-" I cut in halfway through her last sentence, "I'm in here for a reason.  We're not friends, you are only the person who writes about my fucked up head. So don't get all - you're not crazy - with me,  because I am.  Tests say I am. "

"bit harsh-" Harleen muttered.

"What was that?" I snapped, "Listen,  you won't be here in one week.  Most psychiatrists with a brain leave within a week.  So don't get attached, " 

"I'm different, " She smiled, "I will be here in twenty years to come, "

"Yeah,  that's what they all say-"

"You said you belong in here - right? "

Slowly I nodded.

"That's strange," Harleen looked at her clipboard, "Most people in here don't acknowledge the fact that they are mentally unstable, "

Award silence filled the air,  before Harleen broke the silence, "Surprisingly,  Doctor Crane still wants to run medical tests on you, " Harleen sighed.

"Medical tests - on me? What so he can call me mad - because trust me I already know that. "

"Actually... No,  it's not that, "

"Really?  What's he gonna do then? "

"Wants to run tests on you... Shit,  I wasn't meant to tell you that-"

"on me?  Awh how sweet and thoughtful, " Rolling my eyes,  Harleen stood up from her desk.

"says here-" she pointed a pen to her clipboard, "You from London,  grew up in the care system... Do you want to tell me more about that? "

"No. "

"what about your younger biological sister... Her name is Leslie. Leslie Grey? "

"I haven't seen Twigs since I was fourteen, "

"Who's Twigs? " Harleen asked, "we're getting somewhere, "

"Twigs is my sister,  Leslie.  It was just a nickname, " I replied.

"How did she get that nickname? "

"You ask too many questions Dr Quinzell, "

"It's my job-" Harleen snapped.

"Hm... You should get another job princess,  face like you can get you anywhere-"

"I want to keep this professional Miss Grey... No nicknames like princess please-"

"Boring, "

"I'm not here to entertain you-"

"Well you should because that cell is boring,  boring as fuck, " I hissed.

"I'm sorry Miss Grey, " Harleen did not sound apologetic, "But it's your fault you're in here. "

Before I could reply, Harleen's office door was slammed open. 

"Is the patient asleep? " Came the familiar voice of Doctor Crane.

"No, " Harleen began to quickly put a needle together, "she woke up around ten minutes ago,  would you like me to sedate her? "

"No,  I want her awake for this, "

Harleen placed the needle onto the metal pan,  right next to my hand...

While they were distracted,  I slowly began to push my hands further through the restraints,  reaching for the needle. Stretching my fingers as much as I could,  I finally just about got a grip on the needle.

My enjoyment didn't last long,  before Crane was clenching my hand, pulling the needle from my fingers.  "Quinzell- keep an eye on the patient.  And don't leave a needle near her- she's criminally insane." His icy eyes shot to me, "And miss Grey,  one more attempt to hurt me,  and you will be drugged like a vegetable for the rest of your life.  Assuming that needle was for me, " Closely he inspected the needle before placing it down,  on the other side of the room.

"Dr Quinzell,  I want you to move the patient to my laboratory please," Crane continued, "And I want her awake,  fully. "