Chapter Five

Crane walked over to the red dial-up phone on his desk,  watching him as he slowly rang a number.  "Hello,  who's speaking, " his voice sounded aggressive and harsh into the phone, "I want you to open files on the patient Alexandra Grey, and deliver them to my office as quickly as possible, "
"What- why do you want my files, " I asked as he walked back over to me.

"To find your relatives, who hopefully aren't as crazy as you-" Crane pulled out his clipboard from god knows where and scanned it with his pale blue eyes, "Your brain rejected the fear toxin,  I quite literally pumped it into your blood,  there was no escaping it, "

"So I'm special, " A smile spread across my face,  this could be my chance to escape this hell hole.  All I had to do was win over Dr crane and make him so obsessed with my brain that he would do anything to keep it.

"oh you're not special, " Crane pinched my cheek,  pulling it like what you would do to a baby, "It's your sister I want to find. "

"Twigs? "

"Your younger sister Twigs? yes, " Crane let go of my cheek,  holding his clipboard now in one hand,  in his other he clicked a pen.  You could tell when he was annoyed as the clicks would get closer and faster.

"I wouldn't bother with her-"

"Why not? " He snapped.  Clicks from the pen getting faster.

"last time I saw her,  she was more insane than me-"

"Tell me more-! " His clicking got quicker.

"Last time I saw Twigs,  she wasn't Twigs,  she was Leslie, "

"Leslie,  that's her real name,  is it not? " Crane asked.

"Yes, " I continued, "It's what my parents named her,  but last time I saw her,  she wasn't herself-"

"Yes! "Crane's voice grew more annoyed, "I know- stop repeating yourself! "

"Twigs was quiet,  wouldn't talk no matter how hard I would try and make her talk- I tried to help her. I did, " my voice began to shake, "But nothing could help her. "

"What was wrong with her? " The clicking from Crane pen had stopped.

"Depression,  it got her by her throat,  quite literally, "

The room fell into an awkward silence. All that could be heard was the low hum of the air conditioner. Till Crane broke the silence,  his voice sounding a tiny bit apologetic, "Alexandra,  is your sister even still alive? "

"I don't know. Last I knew she was in a psychiatric ward,  back in London, "

"Do you know the name of this ward?" He was hooked, interested.

"I do," I lied, but I wanted him. I wanted to manipulate him, get him to do things for me. This one tiny piece of information could either make or break him.

"So what is it, Alexandra? Where is your sister," Crane's voice grew impatient, although the clicking of his pen had completely stopped. But I could tell from his voice how impatient he was, craving for information on my (probably dead) sister.

"Now why would I tell you?" My lips curved into a sly smile, I had just dropped the bomb.

"Because we're friends- Are we not Sandie?" 

"Last time I checked," I paused, "Friends don't drug one up unless it's cocaine or some shit,"

"Just tell me the hospital name Alexandra," Crane sounded irritated, just where I wanted him.

"Take off my restraints-"

"Tell me where your sister is first,"

"Restraints first, we can have fun then,"

"We're not going to have fun...I mean I will, when you're left to rot in here-" He sharply placed his clipboard down, "But I can help your sister If you just tell me where she is-!"

"I'm sure she can survive without you," 

"You know people do you not?" Crane walked slowly over to his desk, "Why do you not just ask them to break you from here? "The sound of keys rustling echoed through his office, crane was unlocking something.

"Of course, I know people-" I scoffed (I hardly knew anyone in Gotham).

"Have you heard of, " Crane paused, "Scarecrow, " His footsteps grew closer till I could sense his presence behind me.

"No-"

A shiver ran down my spine as I could feel Crane's freezing hands move onto my shoulders,  his fingers dug into my shoulders,  squeezing the life out of me.
"if we can't find your sister- You will be the perfect test subject-"

"test subject-? " I questioned a slight tremble in my voice.

"Yes- from now on you mine-" Crane's hands squeezed my shoulders harder, "You mine till you either die or we find your sister, " his hands finally let go of my shoulders."We just need to get you out of here-"

"What-?! " I was meant to be in here,  he was one of the main people keeping me in here.

"I will have you stay with a friend for a bit,  somewhere where I can be assured nothing will happen to you, " Crane moved back over to his desk, "I can't let anything happen to my next experiment, "

"How will you get me out, " I turned my head to face him at his desk.

"Oh that's easy, " Crane smirked, " We can just say you topped yourself,  happens all the time, "

"Nobody will believe you, " I watched Crane produce a needle from his desk,  his eyes darkening.

"Oh yes they will,  all you need is a bit of drugs in your bloodstream, " He inspected the needle in the fluorescent lights of his office, "Not enough to kill you,  but enough to send you into an overdose, "

"No-No, " My heart dropped,  what if I die?  Struggling the restraints on my hands and wrists only felt tighter,  Crane smoothly walked over to me. His cold hands once again grabbed my arms,  as he injected a mysterious liquid into my veins. My body fell into a cold sweat, "What was... In that needle, "

"Don't you worry, " Crane cruelly laughed, "Sleep tight Sandie, "

My body felt numb,  my head felt heavy.  Before I knew it I was gone,  I had lost all control of my body.

An- sorry for not updating for ages,  January was a pretty long month and I had exams.  But I thank everyone who read the last four chapters.  The next chapter is already in the writing so it should be released soon!!