FADING SHADOWS

Author: blue512_lagoonsReviewer: CadencePadgett0

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Author: blue512_lagoons
Reviewer: CadencePadgett0

TITLE: 10/10
The title is very fitting and unique for a sci-fi/thriller. It grabs my attention and makes me want to click and read the description.

COVER: 7/10
It’s a good concept for a sci-fi novel, however the title needs to be big and clear. I also recommend including the author’s name so it looks like a professional cover. Otherwise it’s captivating.

BLURB: 10/10
The description was detailed and I liked how it was on point. It allowed the readers to decide if the book was worth investing their time or not. I personally was hooked and made me want to actually read the entire story.

CONCEPT and PLOT: 10/10
I haven’t read sci-fi in a while, but I enjoyed the concept and liked how Evelyn, a renowned scientist, have a secret formula that the Eclipse wanted to attained. There wasn’t much for me to focus on considering only read eight chapters. Otherwise, I thought the plot was captivating and unique.

PACE: 8/10
The pace is slow and steady, however I thought the transition to the next scene was sometimes rushed.

For example, in chapter one, there was a scene between Evelyn’s POV and Emily’s POV. I felt like it was a little rushed and I would like to see more of Emily’s home life and learn more about her relationship with her mother and friend. And as to why her mother would feel the need to protect her daughter from the dangers.

I thought you could take the time to think about some of the important information that needed to be added. Otherwise, I liked how it’s not too long or too quick, but just right.

CHARACTER INTRODUCTION AND DEVELOPMENT: 6/10
I liked how the characters were introduced nicely and it didn’t feel rushed. However, I felt like some of the characters lacked the most important elements. When developing characters, you should always ask yourself the following questions:

What is their biggest fear?

What is their misbelief about the world or themselves?

What do they desire and how are they going to achieve?

I felt like I didn’t get to know Evelyn and Emily on a deeper level. But I did enjoy learning about their personalities and relationships with others. Otherwise, I though the characters were interesting, but needed to dig deeper.

GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY: 7/10
There were some mistakes here and there. I thought you used a wide variety of words and used them nicely without purple prose. Overall, make sure you look over any punctuation or spelling.

WRITING STYLE: 10/10
I enjoyed reading the descriptions and how sharp it was despite the grammatical errors. And it was easy to read and comprehend. It was basically reading like a professional novel.

OVERALL IMPRESSION: 6/10
The book is very unique and entertaining. However I felt like it was more of a plot-driven, not character-driven. After reading the blurb, I thought I would get to know the protagonists. But I was a little disappointed when I couldn’t connect with them on a deeper level. Why does this story matter? What is the message the author is sending? These are the kind of questions I’m wanting to know. Otherwise, I thought it’s a nice reading!

RATING ON THE BOOK: 7/10

Total:81/100

Follow the reviewer and make sure to show your appreciation.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.