For a better tomorrow

Chapter One

The stone basement shook...

Screams and cries were heard from outside. Immediately, I got up out of bed in panic while the dust was falling from the ceiling. The room was dark but you could see from the window a red and an orange light which came from outside, you could also smell smoke.Maybe it was a fire?

While I was walking to the window the basement shook again... the screams sounded even louder,while sounds of people running were heard now.Some items fell from the table,a glass vase , books and other decorations making a loud noise.

The view from the window was scarier: both men and women were running on the streets and screaming with tears rolling from their eyes, still some were on the ground trying to help the injured people while now many of the roads were overwhelmed by soldiers who gave orders to the nearby people.Flames were covering some buildings and I gasped for air due to the heavy smoke.

That moment i heard overhead, aircrafts that tried to intercept the enemy ones.Then everyone looked at the sky with awe as they passed.

-"What the..." I said

Knocks on the door made my heart leap. I ran to open the door. It was Michael and his wife Fatima.