End

Chapter 10

The harbor was full of thousands of people.

Everyone struggled, pushing or even hitting others to find a place in a boat so they could leave. Small ships and boats were coming and leaving.

We started looking for vacancies but in vain. Lucky for us a quarrel broke out, which caught the attention of many people.We found the opportunity to jump in a boat and departure.As recedes heard an owner who shouted that has many vacancies, soon the mob ran towards him, pushing each other frantically and offering money to the captain in order to get faster. Still ,i remember how many mixed feelings I had that day: from a sense of freedom and hope to sadness and pain for those who lost on our way. This is the image I remember from my hometown. If we made it? The answer is yes, something neither did i expected.Today I have a new life in another country, I have a job, a wife and we expect a son in a few months. With other states even close contact, and they have built a new life here and every weekend we gather and remember the old , nostalgic about the good old times and mourn for those who perished. As for my country although divided it has survived and i hope that one day i will go back.

Because now i know that i left it for a better tomorrow.

THE END