Warning!

Chapter: Eight

The rays of the sun caressed my face ...

I opened my eyes. The light blinded me. Few minutes elapsed until my eyes get used to this new environment. I looked around me ...

I was in a unfamiliar room. The atmosphere was very pleasant: the walls of the room were painted blue, plenty of light coming in through the windows and clean breeze coming in through the open balcony door was filling my lungs with pure oxygen. I was lying in a comfortable bed. I fill my lost energy from the previous days and i already felt much better. My thoughts came to stop the rumbling of my stomach. The truth was that I had to put something in my mouth for at least two days. I pushed the covers off me and I was ready to get out of bed when i heard a weak snoring. I looked around ...

At the other corner of the room I saw that it was Michael sleeping . I stood silently, showered, changed clothes and got ready to meet others. I headed for the door of the room and opened it. I found myself in a long hallway in the background, a staircase leading to the ground floor of the house. Along the corridor there were other rooms. I crossed the hallway and got the underside staircase, heard discussions below, slowly descended the stairs until I reached the ground floor. It was a small living room. In a corner of the room was a small table with breakfast. The room was quite bright: sun coming in through the windows and birds were heard chirping outside. Even from afar sounded a creek which was running. In the room there were other people besides me. It was the others. They welcomed me and after breakfast I sat with them and started to draw up plans. The television was showing the news.

Where are we? i asked.

-At a friend's house ...he abandoned the country along with his family and he left it to me in case i need it, hastened to answer Jacob.

The TV broadcasted a story with pictures and video of the bombing of the eastern part of the country. Particular reference was made ​​to the thousands of our compatriots who took the road of exile while it was expected by many neighboring countries, new waves of immigrants from our country. The situation was alarming. The story ended by stating that the government has sent troops in the eastern part of the country and have been going international stakeholders to find a solution.

At that moment Michael entered the room , he seemed more rested and more cheerful. He came to sit with us and said:

- What will happen to us?

- Sounds like this part of the country will be attacked too, said uneasily Fatima.

- Unfortunately the only option we have left is ...

Jacob did not live to finish the sentence ever. At that moment heard from outside gunfire and bombing. The sky was filled with planes and smoke.Now we were running to save our lives.