❥Chapter 3 ❥

Nina's pov:

Its been a week now since I have started living with the League of villains. I haven't formally met anyone since I didn't get to leave this room. Toga seems very pleased to have me around and she actually enjoys nursing me. To be honest I was scared she might stab me or something but she didn't do anything like that in fact she's been so sweet to me I'm starting to wonder  if reports about her being a blood-obsessed-maniac who ran away after killing her classmates were actually true or not.

"So why did you run away from your home?" She asked me while changing the bandages.

"My father.... He was very abusive to the point he would beat me to death and starve me for weeks."

"Oh another pitiful crybaby with daddy issues." She made a joke lightly as she listened to me while still tending to my wounds.

Actually that's not the whole thing he would beat me when I failed in a mission or didn't collect enough information regarding the future or if there occurs a slight change in the future events. Sometimes he would beat me for being useless because I couldn't travel back in past. And his cruelty reached its peak when I died in the future while retrieving some information. I ran away before I could get killed here too. The pain of having my neck sliced, in the future, was still fresh in my memory as if it happened just yesterday.

"And there were some who would harass me I never felt safe at there so ran away", i stare into her eyes, "they all thought I was a freak, a maniac, and a crazy woman.", the last part was a lie and to some extent I have understand how to win Toga's sympathy. If my bets are right she will definitely react to it. I needed her sympathy if I were to leave this place in one piece.

She finches when she hear my last comment. I could see it in her eyes. Pain, suppressed emotions and remorse. Her lips parted slightly she wanted to say something but then shut her mouth again and just brought her attention back to my wounds. I was kinda disappointed, I  had hoped she would say something but she didn't. After a few minutes, she was done with my bandages and now was cleaning up. I lowered my head in disappointment I thought it would be easy to win her by my side if I played my cards right but looks like she's careful. But then suddenly I could feel warmth engulfing me gently, my eyes widen in surprise when I realize Toga was hugging and patting me. Her touch was so warm and comfortable.

"I don't know how to comfort others but let me tell you one thing. You don't have to be scared anymore because you're safe here," she pauses and then say, "as long as I'm here."

My eyes became teary and I hugged her back. I cried in her arms for long. Then she gave me one last look hugged me again, brought me something to eat and left the room.

                      ☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘

Back in Shigaraki's room

"So would you care to tell me what's your intention for bringing that thing here?" Shigaraki asked Dabi who was sitting across him on the couch.

"Nothing really, I just thought it would be fun." He shrugged nonchalantly while rubbing his chin, his wore a bored expression.

"If you're so bored why don't you go and kill some people. Its our hideout not a charity club where you can bring anyone." He glares at Dabi for his response.

"Well its always the same, they would scream, run and beg for their life and you too had ordered us to keep a low profile for a few days and we coincidentally bumped into her so I thought why not just take in a chick and raise it till its time for it to hatch eggs."

Shigaraki doesn't argue back at his stupid idea and instead just sighs in frustration. He seriously wants to send her away from here more than anything and never see her again. It's not like him at all, to feel things for someone. The moment he laid his eyes on her his head kept thinking about her. He doesn't want anything useless to get in between his revenge right now. But these two idiots are so insistent to keep her and he doesn't understand why??

"Why don't you recruit some villains for the league instead of babysitting, it doesn't suit us. Or if you feel so lonely just forget about all this revenge of yours and go back from where you are." Shigaraki knew a tiny bit about Dabi. He does know that Dabi became a villain because his father was a hero and there's something happened that he wants to take revenge on his father but other than that who is Dabi's father and what he had done to him was a mystery to Shigaraki.

"Oh." There was a flood of emotions in Dabi's eyes. It was hard to tell whether it was anger or sadness he was quite expert in concealing his true emotions. Dabi quickly dismissed any emotions from appearing on his face. He just got up from the couch and went to the door and turn his back to Shigaraki and gave him one last look, "I know what I have to do you don't tell me how I do things, Shigaraki. Nor I once have forgotten about my revenge so mind your own bussiness and stay out of this." There was a hint of displeasure in his tone as he left the room.

Shigaraki leans back to the chair and sigh in frustration, "Seriously, what's wrong with everyone?" He couldn't understand why Dabi of all people is showing this strange obsession towards that girl who they barely knows for a week. He closes eyes and think for a moment 'there's no way Dabi would do anything without thinking what and how he will be benefitted from doing something like this. So what does this girl have that he is so insistent on keeping her? Or does he know something about her? What it could be?' He sighs again and removes father from his face.

                       ☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘

Dabi:

"Why does he want to know why I took her in?" If he's the boss he should act like one and make strategies of how we can turn the city up and down and make those pathetic heroes life miserable." He thought in his head as he walked towards Toga's room. His hands in his pockets and he walked leisurely.

He was deep in his thoughts, it was truly on impulse at first but when he held her in his arms he was truly amazed at how soft and warm an alive person can be. He had only dealt with cold and dead bodies. He doesn't remember the warmth of anyone this close, he closed his eyes to take in all the memories of that day.

He still kind of remember how his mother used to hug him or his father would pat his head in pride but it all shattered when he couldn't prove to be the "perfect child" his father was hoping for. There's no lingering feelings left for them, just remorse. He wants his father to suffer the same way he did and he will surpass all the morals for making that happen.

When he finally makes it Toga's room he sees both girls hugging and crying. He stares at Nina's crying face for a moment, she wasn't begging for her life nor she was crying in fear but her tears really made him feel things inside. It was hard to put into words but he wanted to see more of her. He steps away from the door and headed back to his own room.

"Of course I don't need a reason because it's mine." He laughed as he remembered something and made his way back to his room.

                         ☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘