under the green umbrella leaves

Ryan and I walk out of school and to the mall, getting lunch together "what do you want?" I ask as we get in line for McDonald's "bren I don't have Any money" Ryan's whispers "that's not what I asked, I asked what you wanted" I smile "cheeseburger please, no pickle" he responded "what do you mean no pickle? That's the best part" I ask, an offended tone to my voice "ew gross" he joked "next! What can I get you?" The guy at the register asks " two cheese burgers, one large fries and uh, hey is your ice cream machine broken still?" I ask "no its working" the guy told us "one chocolate milkshake, ry what flavour do you want?" I ask him "strawberry" he said quietly " chocolate and one strawberry milkshake" I smile at the guy "that'll be nine dollars and sixty nine cents when your ready" the guy said "ha sixty nine, nice, here keep the change" I smile, handing over a ten dollar bill. We got our order to go and started aimlessly walking around "I'm gonna pay you back you know" ryan told me, peeling off the pickles from his burger, offering them to me "I don't mind, honestly" I admit, as we walk together our hands keep grazing each others, and slowly link together, not one of us say a thing.

We got bored and went to go see a movie called Jennifer's Body, but mainly we made out, I noticed that ryan looked a little like a punk character they had in the movie. It was so good being friends again, I could still kiss him and it not be akward between us, and I loved it, it wasn't completely friends with benefits yet, but I liked it that way. He was so sweet. It was like he was an angel. Our movie wrapped up and we went on another walk around the mall "so, what do I not know about you?" I ask him as we go into a record store "well uh, I have a cat, his name is capitan knots" Ryan smiled, pulling out his phone to show me a picture of the cat  "he's still only a baby" He remarked, putting his phone away, we walked past forever twenty one and I saw a dress in the window "I could totally pull of that dress" I mutter looking at it "try it on" Ryan jokes "okay I will" I smile, pulling him into the store, a loud Brittany spears song was playing as I looked for the dress, it was a dark red with a leopard print on it "got it!" I grin, showing it off to ryan "okay okay if I'm wearing one, your wearing one" I tease, heading to the changing rooms. Oh yeah, this was hot, just saying, if I was a chick I would so pull of "fuck yeah I look hot" I grin, showing the dress off to ryan, who was a laughing mess "look at this fucking ass, look at that dump truck" I laugh, turning around to show off my ass, I didn't notice till now but he was recording "I mean I might be fat in the back and flat in the front, but damn, I'm hot in a dress" I grinned, changing out of the dress . We went back to my place and watched acouple episodes of shameless "hey ry?" I ask, bringing over some of my cds "what's up" he smiled "could we mabey hang out at your place later?" I ask him, his face hardend and he looked back at the tv "not a chance, my dad would never let me" he told me, I nod and sit next to him, choosing what album to put on "any preferences?" I ask him "I like green day" Ryan smiled, picking up my dookie cd "nice choice" I grin.

My neck was stiff, I must have fell asleep listening to my CD with ryan, I rolled over and put my arm out for tyan but he wasn't there "dad look it was an accident... I'll be home soon" ryan must have been on the phone with his father "hey ryro, you okay?" I ask him, he wouldn't look at me "um yeah, hey listen I gotta go" he stutters, getting up "ryan it's raining pretty hard, why don't I drive you home?" I ask, grabbing my jacket off the floor "I don't want to put you in an akward position, I'll just walk" he responded, putting on his thin zipper "I could walk you instead" I smile "if you want" he smiled, I grabbed a fresh hoodie from my dresser hand handed it to ryan "you can't just wear that, you'll catch a cold,  take this" I say at first ryan protests, but eventually takes it.

We walk in the rain to his house, which was kinda far "well this is me, I'll see you tomorrow yeah?" Ryan smiles "ofcourse, I'll see you then" I grin, giving him one quick kiss before heading home.