Chapter 6

Hey! Before you start reading the story, there is a new character!!! He's interesting. I'm not sure if I like his part in this chapter very much, but yeah. He'll be introduced better a little later, so hold on ;) Anything that is underlined and italicized is inner dialogue. Enjoy! <3

_______

The movie starts, but after a few minutes I get bored. Hazel, on the other hand, is invested. After a few minutes, I turn on my side to look at her. After feeling me flip over, she turns her head to look at me. I smile at her, and she rests her arm over my shoulder. I snuggle my head into her side.

I stay there for a few minutes before hugging her tightly, tucking my head under her chin. She wraps her arms around my waist. I giggle and then lay back, taking her down with me. She squeals a little, and I hug her tighter.

"I.. can't... breathe!" she squeaks.

I keep giggling but let up on the pressure a little. She pulls herself out of my grip and turns her head to look at me. I blush as her eyes sweep over my face, down my neck, back up to my eyes, finally settling on my lips. I turn my face away and start watching the movie again. She rests her head on the crook of my neck. I shudder as her breath hits my skin, and I feel her smirk.

Anna walks into the room, wearing scrubs and holding her purse. I quickly pause the movie.

"Hi girls, sorry to interrupt, but I'm leaving for my night shift. Are you two okay taking care of Eli while I'm gone? Or should I take him to Auntie Lucy's house?" 

Hazel sits up a little and looks at me. "Are you good with that babe?" 

"Yeah," I say, smiling at Anna, "We can handle him." 

"What time do you think you'll be back?" Hazel asks. 

"I'm not sure, but I think sometime in the morning. Is that alright?" 

"Yes, of course," Hazel says. 

Anna starts backing out of the room, "Be good, girls. There are some leftovers in the fridge. You can heat those up. Make sure that Elias is in bed before 9:30, and I don't care what you two do. If you're drinking, make sure it's not too much and that you're safe."

"Okay! Bye, Mom, be safe!" Hazel says.

"If you're- just use protection and be safe."

"Mommmm!" Hazel groans, "Seriously?!"

"Yeah," she says, winking at us.

I giggle, and Hazel groans, blushing. We settled back into the mattress, and I unpause the movie. A few minutes later, I heard Hazel softly mumbling. I turn onto my side to look closer at her; she's sleeping. 

I gently unwrap myself from between her arms. I pull the soft comforter and sheets from under Hazel and drop them on her body. She shivers at the downy sheets before turning and relaxing deep into the plush mattress.

I start picking up the greasy napkins, which have been littered on the floor, and dropping them into the empty popcorn bowl. I do the same with our soda cans and pick up the two glasses before quietly pattering to the kitchen. I dump the contents of the bowl into the trash and start washing it.

"Olive?"

I spin around. Elias is standing behind me. 

"Hi, what's up?" I ask, crouching down to get eye level.

"I'm hungry."

"Okay, I'll go heat something up for you. Is that okay?"

"Mhmm. Can I watch TV?"