What do you know?

" They had to have gone in there." Diane's dad said.
" Yeah yeah definitely." Said a man who they had realized was the Roger guy above them.
Before Dawson could even tell him to hurry Griffin looked up at her and then shut the vent, latching it loosely. A split second after he finished closing it the door slammed open and the four men plus whatever guards they had gathered stood in the doorway looking at Griffin.
Roger looked around, " Where'd the girl go?"
" What girl?" Griffin answered sincerely.
" Oh don't play dumb. We heard a girl's voice with you, where did she go?" The balding man in the navy suit asked.
" Sorry sir, I'm not sure what you're talking about. My voice just gets high pitched when I'm excited." Griffin choked out a laugh even though he was sweating bullets.
All of them rolled their eyes as Diane's dad walked forward, " Do you know the girl we were talking about? Dawson Villin?" His approach was nicer than the guys before him.
" No sir, I'm sorry. Am I missing something?"
" Yeah, she is dangerous and has something that could hurt a lot of people." Roger interjected.
" We'll let's not go that far-"
" Yes Daniel, we have to go that far." The man in the blue suit interjected.
" Ah well I'll let you fellas know if I see her around." Griffin said, trying to exit the room.
" Wait... How do you know what she looks like?" Roger said, putting his hand on Griffins chest to stop him.
" It's a figure of speech. I don't know what she looks like, mate."
" Roger let him go, he said he didn't know anything." Daniel said, trying to break up the tension.
" No he knows more than he's letting on, also how did he get in here? Why did he creep in on a conversation about something he knows "nothing about"? He knows something!" Roger said getting in Daniels face causing him to back up a little.
" Okay guards please escort this young man to the arena." The man in the navy suit ordered.
" Yes boss." One of them responded as he grabbed Griffin by the arms.
Dawson still hiding in the air vent had tears streaming down her face. She never let people see her cry or even afraid but Griffin was different, He was comforting and warm, When he hugged her she felt bulletproof like no one could hurt her. She had to rescue him quickly before they hurt him. She looked around her and noticed the only way to go was up a small built in ladder in the air vent.
Back in the arena Griffin is in the middle of the room with a spotlight on him scared about what's going to happen next.
" Alrighty Mr Griffin you have one more chance to tell us what you know." The man in the navy suit called out to him.
" I really don't know anything, this is pointless." Griffin said, getting increasingly irritated.
" Jim, I really think we can let him go." Daniel said.
Jim walks up to Griffin, Punches him square in the mouth and walks back towards the group," Pull the lever, guard."
The guard nodded and pulled the lever and before Griffin even had time to reach he was yanked upside down by a rope that was buried beneath the sand covering the floor of the arena. Just as this happens Dawson has climbed to the vents that are right above the arena seeing what is taking place and hurries to a vent over the balcony.
She gets over the balcony and kicks the cover off before falling onto the floor making a loud thud. She stands up and realized the mistake she had made.
" Who the hell?" Jim said, looking around at his colleagues and they proceeded to jog to the door to get up on the balcony. Daniel stayed down to "watch" Griffin.
" Ah damn it D" Griffin whispered as he swung back and forth.
Dawson looked around and realized she was about to make another mistake, she runs to the other side of the balcony realizing where they're going and pulls out her wand pointing at Griffin to try to let him down, But before she is able she's stopped by a man at least a foot taller than her and double her mass. As she goes to lift up her wand that she had lowered to her side Roger sneaks up behind her and snaps a bracelet onto her wrist. It looked fairly normal so Dawson ignored it and proceeded to jump off the balcony using her magic to break her fall.
When she reaches the sand she struggles up but runs over to the lever to let Griffin down. After he's down she unties his leg and pulls him into a really tight hug, and as they pull away noticing his bleeding lip touching it with her thumb. He winces and looks behind her realizing they need to run, and they do just that.
They break through the door and run as fast as they can.
" El was right this is a mistake they could've killed you." Dawson said starting to pant from the running.
" They wouldn't have, They just hurt me to get to you cause they knew I knew something. I apparently suck at lying."
" I thought you were pretty convincing." Dawson said with a smile.
As they continued running Dawsons vision became blurry and blurrier the more they went, She shook her head hoping it would go away but that just proceeded to make her nauseous.