Pre-cursor

This is just a silly project; don't take it too seriously.

But here's a little origin story. It's short but fun. 

I'm a chaotic fruitbasket of a person; this is important context for this story. 

One day, an acquaintance of mine was telling me about a book series they were reading. 'This Woven Kingdom'? Ever heard of it? I hadn't. 

Anyway, apparently the lead is a lady, and she has two lovely romantic interests. One, whose name I don't remember, and the other named Kamren. (I'm almost 90% sure that was how they spelled it.)

Well, they're regaling me with tales about this apparently very colorful world full of magic and whatnot (I'm trying to keep my word choice as neutral as possible to avoid stepping into a fandom's massive anthill), when they slip up a little and accidentally mispronounce pour Mr. Kamren's name. 'Karmen', I heard, and the excitement I felt in that moment was borderline unhinged. 

"A female love interest?!" I demanded. (You can imagine I was probably shaking them by the shoulders) "Please tell me she (the heroine that I totally didn't forget the name of) chooses her, and they ride off into the sapphic sunset!" (That is a direct quote, not even kidding)

They very fervently informed me that it was not, in fact, a woman named Karmen, but just plain old Kamren. (Who I'm sure is a perfectly adequate suitor for this kick-ass female lead! Not at all plain or old!)

My disappointment was crippling. For the remaining ten minutes of regalement, I was inconsolable. "But what about a Karmen?!" I asked them. And they very firmly told me to get over it, not everything has to be gay. (In a non-homophobic way)

And that got me thinking; why isn't everything gay? I don't mean make every single book and fandom into some homosexual ship fest (as if they aren't already; we're a thirsty minority, allies and all). I mean every single cliche and storyline out there has to have a lesbian counterpart! Those boys love gay writers are already on top of it. But what about the girls love gay writers? I can't say I've ever read a truly interesting lesbian romance about aliens, cowboys, or werewolves (without weird Dominatrix kinks involved or stale bread personalities, I mean; if you have, please give me recommendations ASAP).

On that day, I had an epiphany. What the hell? I said to myself. I'm a writer. I'm a knowledgeable member of the alphabet mafia. And I love chicks. I'll do it myself. 

In short --blending the two heart-aching absences in my life -- I decided to write a medieval lesbian romance where one of the love interests' names was Carmen (I wouldn't spell it with a K, guys. Come on.) and the other was a hunky herbo that liked to fight and put people in their place, but not in a Dommy way. 

Boom. I won't say you're welcome yet, since I'm not exactly sure how well this will go, but it's the origin story you all didn't know you wanted.