past_03: midnight

"

"..!" You wake up with a quiet gasp. Short parts of your nightmare flooding through your mind when you shakily sit up.

2:00 AM.

 A few hours ago before your bedtime, you decided to be brave enough to watch a horror movie with your mom and dad. (brothers included.)

As much as you hate to admit it, you were terrified. And the jump scares didn't give you justice either. 

Even though mom and dad were shocked from the movie, they played it off easily as they were adults, while your brothers...Weren't that phased. Like usual.

You sighed in relief when the movie was over, making you rush to the bathroom once dad turned the lights back on. Because earlier, you were scared out of your mind, thinking that some entity was going to kill you while doing a number 2. 

No one really wanted to accompany you either outside, which ultimately, in the end, had you holding it in for the hour. When everyone said goodnight, your other older brother, Kusuke, walked over to you with a smile, telling you if you enjoyed the movie. 

"It was scary." You told him.

"But that's what's fun about it (n/n)!" He laughed, teasing you on how sensitive you were.  It took all your self-control not to kick him in the nuts. 

Kusuke knew how to stop, however, and decided to just leave it be.

Kusuke pat your back with a chuckle upon noticing your glare. But before you went to bed, he  whispered close to the lobe of your ear; 

"Make sure that the monster isn't under your bed dear sister!" Which, as a young child, sent shivers down your spine. Especially when Kusuke was accompanied by that sadistic smile of his. 

Actually, you kind of think that your brothers are good enough to be considered monsters themselves..They could definitely be as creepy as the demon in the movie if they wanted to.

"hnhh..." You feel your body shake from the quietness there was. Starting to imagine things that weren't even there, yet your mind kept making things up.

It was dark in the shared room you had with Kusuo and it made you worry as you can only see little in the space.

 Touching your cheek, you feel small wet tears roll down, and you wipe them away while also making sure you don't close your eyes in order to stop it from flashing scary images in your head.

"Ku.?" You softly called out.

. . . No response. 

"Kusuo?" You said his name this time, slightly louder than the last attempt.

Still nothing.

You look around, side to side and up and down, scared to get off your bed. Who could blame you? After what Kusuke said, it was hard to sleep. And in the dark too without a nightlight like you were normally used to.