10. an awkward conversation

Last night, Kusuo received a letter, and after that, a guest as well

Last night, Kusuo received a letter, and after that, a guest as well. His name was Reita Toritsuka, a psychic medium which meant the ability to see and speak to the dead. 

In your opinion, that could both be a burden and a blessing, depending on the one who received it. But someone like him should've just stayed normal, like you.

 Not to mention, that Toritsuka, is a massive pervert in addition. Gosh, does he ask random ghost's nearby what the color of a woman's panties are? 

You hope not. Even if he did, that's just worst..

At that time, you swore you could hear the song "ICK!" play in your mind as he explained why he wanted to be your brothers servant⎯or, apprentice, whatever.

And another thing you hoped, was that the new transfer student wasn't him, either. 

"I heard the transfer student next door has some special abilities!"

"Yo, really?" 

Your eyes shifts between the conversing students, mouth slightly agape when they mentioned special abilities. "Oh, great." You mutter right after, putting your head in your arms in disappointment.

Wait, what's Kusuo gonna do about it anyway? He must be at least a little pissed off right now, you thought. Looking over your brother's desk, you stare as you notice his gaze was still unaffected. "⎯Right, Kusuo, what are you gonna do about it?" You ask quietly. 

Your gaze still stays on his as he stands up. 

'Just stay here,'  Kusuo says. And soon, he exits the classroom, silently shutting the sliding door and leaving you seated by yourself.

'Wow, okay.'  You thought.

Now you were left alone, as people around you either left the classroom, or continued to talk with their friends, you start to realize something.

You don't really have any friends, do you? 

'I mean, Nendo and Kaido, yeah...Some others too but, they're mostly just acquaintances. Not friends.'  

So, you just had what? 3 friends, with one including your own brother.  That's disappointing to say the least, damn.

Eventually, you just roll your shoulders back in a shrugging manner, huffing out a breath. "It doesn't really matter. I can live with that." You were overthinking about being lonely way too much. Calm down, jeez.

Your thoughts have overclouded your mind to the point you didn't reaize someone had been tapping your shoulder.

"⎯Saiki? Oh!" A gentle voice called out and brought you back to reality. Although you were normally calm, your eyes widened and you flinched back.