Nine

-disclaimer : this was not edited please excuse any mistakes you may see ! -

-Amiri Scott Peirce
📍LA

Walking into my home , backpack slouched over one shoulder  , I take my shoes off at the door and and skip up the stairs .

Definitely need a warm shower , I thought to myself , making it to my room and picking out a towel , and some clothing .

Walking out I close the door behind me , and walk to the bathroom across the hall.

****
-After the shower-

" Miri ! I'm home !" , my dad said , already slurring his words.

I sighed in annoyance .

" Coming!" I yelled , a slight attitude in my voice that he didn't seem to notice .

I trotted my way down the stairs and made my way into the connected living room & kitchen. " sir ?"

" I talked to that uh .. lil girls kasani's dad today , he doing good again ."

" oh , yea she told me he was doing better ." I said , dryly .

" Yea .. well make me something to eat  I been out all day ." He would say , not caring to even say please.

Yea busy getting drunk.., I thought .

That's what I wanted to say , but instead I just said 'ok .

****
12:37 am

After the food , I was sitting on my bed watching everybody hates Chris , before hearing my phone ring .

I pick it up before seeing kasani's contact name , with my face cracking a slight smile , I picked up my phone and pressed " answer " hearing a familiar voice pop up.

" Hey Miri" she said , in a soft voice . " wassup sani ? You need sum ?"  I asked , genuinely confused as to why she was calling me this late on a school night .

" nah , I was wondering if you have talked to sayora lately ?" She said , my smile faltered.

Oh.

" Nah , sorry " I lied .

The other line went quiet for a moment before she said , " oh .. we'll that's ok I was just asking , goodnight Amiri " she said ,

" goodnight kasani . " I replied .

and with that the call ended .

*****
-At school the next day -

hearing the bell finally go off , I immediately sat up and headed for the door , my things already being packed ahead of time .

took long enough .

I thought , referring to the class period that felt like it lasted forever .

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of
Commotion down the hall where I was headed .

the hell?

I thought , slightly increasing my pace to see what the uproar was about . As I got closer , I could see the crowd forming into a circle , and then I heard -

" They fighting !"

who??

************
👩🏽‍💻 - I had writers block , but I'm back now!

************👩🏽‍💻 - I had writers block , but I'm back now!

like , & vote ?👀