Safe

It was close to dinner time and the cafe was as busy as ever. Ayra was exhausted, not to mention her pain had intensified as the medication wore off. She was in great pain and to add on that, the bruises on her face were swollen to the point they hurt when slightly touched. 
She was lost in thoughts that the four alpha males, the four boys - sorry men didn’t try to even contact her. She was sad at that thought. ‘Did they really think I’m clingy?’. Self-doubt started crawling in her brain.

However, her train of thoughts were interrupted when Mels came barging in the kitchen with a cheshire smile making Ayra suspicious.
“What are you thinking my overthinker?” 
Ayra heaved a sigh and blurted her thoughts, “Why didn’t they try to contact me yet? Do you think they forgot about me?”
Mels smile widened, “Oh my sweet baby! How can anyone forget you? Anyway some four hot Greek gods are getting impatient to meet you.” 
Ayra frowned in confusion, “What?” and suddenly her eyes widened and excitement rushed through her veins at the thought of meeting them. She quickly washed her hands, took off her apron and beelined for the sitting area. Mels laughed seeing the giddy Ayra.

As soon as she walked out, her eyes instantly connected with the most beautiful sapphire blue eyes. She had never seen such oceanic eyes ever which were always full of emotion for her. Those eyes had kept her going, those eyes consoled her in her dreams whenever she had nightmares. Those eyes filled with love, adoration, sadness and longing. Those eyes she had fallen for all those eyes ago.
However, her trance was broken when she saw those loved fill eyes darkening, anger swirling in the depths of his oceans. 

Damon, who was desperately waiting all day today to meet his Amore, was mesmerised seeing his Amore. He still couldn’t believe he had found his Amore, his everything, the reason he lives. But as soon as he saw her face, he wanted blood. ‘Whoever hurt her is dead’ was echoing in his mind like a mantra. He took big strides to reach her and gently cupped her face, his eyes roaming all around her face. “Who?” was the only thing Damon said when all the 3 guys rushed towards them noticing the bruises, worry, concern and anger prominent in their eyes. Damon nudged her attention towards her again by slightly tightening his hold on her face. Ayra slightly winced causing Damon to loosen his hold and she saw how his face darkened more. “I’m sorry Amore but Give me a name Please!” Damon rasped out controlling his anger. She watched his eyes, which were screaming murder. This was the first time she saw a glimpse of his dark side - the mafia side. She shakes her head and feels her walls crumbling down.
“Are you hurt somewhere else? Where does it hurt my Love? Please tell me.” Damon rasped out, his voice slightly cracking at the end. Ayra slightly leaned towards the warmth of his hands and whispered, “I am fine Luca, I’m okay.” Damon shaked his head and pulled her in his embrace. She was so petite, his Amore was so fragile yet someone hurt her. Unintentionally, a whimper escaped her because of her ribs. Damon pushed back and frantically moved his eyes towards her stomach which she was clutching now. “Mia Bella what happened, please tell me. Where does it hurt? Do your ribs hurt? Aiden, get over here and see.” 

Aiden came forward with worry glazing his eyes and made her sit on the chair. “Ri! Where does it hurt?”. Ayra hesitantly pointed towards her stomach. “May I take a look?”. She nodded and lifted her shirt up. The 3 guys surrounded them in a circle to keep stray eyes away. As soon as she lifted her shirt, she heard curses fly out of their mouths which weirdly made her smile a little.

Aiden mumbled a curse and with worry and concentration he checked her cute little belly. “Two of her ribs are broken and one rib is contused. She needs her medical treatment.” Ayra looked shocked at the use of medical terminology from Aiden and asked, “How do you know medical jargon like contusion?” Aiden lifted his eyebrow and smiled saying, “You’re forgetting I’ve always wanted to study medicine, so I did and guess what! Dr. Aiden King at your service”. 
Ayra’s eyes widened and she instantly hugged Aiden forgetting her pain, “Oh my God Aiden! You’re a doctor? You really fulfilled your dream? Oh my God, I’m so proud of you Den. This is so good”. Aiden laughed out loud and lightly hugged her back due to her injury and kissed her head. The 3 boys standing smiled seeing the duo and the fact that Aiden laughed out loud freely for the first time in seven years. The duo broke their hug and Aiden sadly smiled saying, “you were always so excited about my dream Ri that at my graduation I only wanted to see you with that twinkle in your eyes screaming proudness for me”. 

Ayra got emotional and said, “I’m sorry I wasn’t there Den but I’m so so so proud of you. Now finally I have someone to talk medicine about”. Aiden confusedly said, “You know medicine? You want to study it as a career?” Ayra shyly smiled and revealed, “I already have degrees”. 

All four were shocked and yelled out, “What?”.  Blake asked, “What do you mean you already have degrees, You’re only 19 and did you just say degrees as plural?” Ayra chuckled and replied, “Yes I already have them and I have one degree in nursing and the other in psychology. You all know I’ve always been good at studying.” Zander genuinely smiled and said, “Of Course our Bella was always good at studying. I’m so proud of you bella.” 

Damon softly smiled and crouched down infront of Ayra and gently held her soft hands, “I’m so proud of you Mi Amore, you’re so fucking intelligent and beautiful. You always were.” Ayra blushed, causing Damon to chuckle. “But getting back to your ribs, we need to treat them Amore. Please come with me so I can take care of you.” 

Ayra reluctantly shaked her head and said, “I can take care of myself Luca and I’m used to it, it doesn’t matter.” As soon as she said that, she regretted it. All the guys froze and their eyes darkened again. Zander mumbled, “Used to it?”. Ayra stilled and started fumbling with her hands, “No I mean it’s not a big problem. I have experience in nursing so I know how to treat wounds and injuries.” 

Damon, still holding her hands, closed his eyes and said, “Why are you protecting that person Amore? Just give me the name and I promise, you’ll be safe”. Ayra watched his eyes, her favourite feature of his which spoke volumes as she was the only one he allowed inside his walls. HE again spoke, “It is Ella?”. Hearing that, Ayra’s eyes widened with shock and she mumbled, “How do you know?”. 

The 4 Kings got the answer they already knew. Damon leaned his forehead on her and gently cupped her cheeks, “You are safe now Amore, no one will hurt you now. I am here now and I won’t let anything happen to you, I promise!”.

 Ayra felt her walls going down and when she absorbed his words, a tear escaped her eye. She sniffed and hugged Luca tightly. When the warmth flooded in her veins, that was when her dam broke. Tears after tears escaped. After seven years she allowed herself to sob. Gut wrenching sobs echoed in the now empty cafe' with Mels crying in the corner for her friend. Damon tightened his hold on her still careful of her ribs and left soft kisses on her head whispering sweet nothings to her. He started cradling her slowly like he used to when they wee kids. This made her cry more because after so long she was feeling safe. After so long she was allowing herself to feel, to cry.