Necklace

Ayra stirred, slowly waking up. She squinted her eyes in drowsiness, realizing that it was morning. She tried to stretch her muscles but got frozen, realizing a heavy weight on her waist and a very warm presence behind her back. She turned towards the presence, finding Damon spooning her from behind, in a deep sleep. A smile instantly formed on her face seeing her Luca sleeping so innocently like a baby.

She completely turned towards him and stared at him with affection, thinking how can she be so blessed to have someone like Luca in her life who is ready to fight for her, kill for her and Love for her. She unconsciously started tracing his face, mesmerised by his every feature. Her fingers stilled when Damon stirred for a second, pulling her closer. She continued with her exploration when he went back to sleep.

Just then, something caught her attention. A chain was hanging on Damon's neck which she had noticed before aswell. She took advantage of his sleeping and slowly grabbed the chain to inspect. A gasp resonated in the silent room. She gulped feeling overwhelmed, surprised to see the necklace. It was the same necklace she gifted him on his 16th birthday. Their initials. She suddenly became emotional not knowing what to do. The traced the initial, mourning for the lost years not realizing that Damon woke up hearing her gasp.

Her eyes connected with sapphire ocean eyes which held longing and love. She choked out staring in his eyes. His hand moved from her waist to her hand which was holding the necklace, giving it a squeeze. Her eyes were telling him alot of things. They both were communicating from their eyes silently comforting each other. Damon moved closer and pecked her forehead, making Ayra close her eyes in bliss.

In his morning voice, he rasped out, "Goodmorning Sweetheart!" Ayra lightly blushed and mumbled, "Goodmorning Lu". He beamed hearing his nickname and kissed her forehead again. Standing up he said, "Let's fresh up sweetheart, then we have to feed your belly." Ayra shaked her head saying, "it feels like you're obsessed with feeding my belly." Damon smirked and said, " Oh baby, I am obsessed with your whole existence." She cheeks became red and Damon laughed going inside the washroom to freshen up.

After they both got fresh, they went downstairs for breakfast with Damon's hand on her lower back as always. On seeing everyone, she wished and hugged her father, causing the other males to sulk and grumble. She laughed and hugged everyone including Melanie who was seated right next to Ayra. After settling down, Ayra asked Mels, "You okay Mels? I didn't see you yesterday at dinner." Mels smiled and nodded saying, " I am alright butterfly. I didn't know jet lag could be so bad but I had dinner afterwards." Ayra nodded satisfied.

Aiden spoke addressking Mels, " jet lag can be very bad for some people, so if you are still feeling it, I'll prescribe a medication to you. That will make your jet lag better." Mels nodded and replied, "I will definitely take you on your offer. Thank you." Aiden shrugged saying, "You're family now Melanie and we don't say Thank yous to family." Mels smiled gratefully and everyone started eating.

Damon filled Ayra's plate causing her to smile yet again. During eating, Damon questioned Melanie, "Melanie,  what do think about the position of Executive Manager in my company?" Mels eyes widened and she stuttered saying, "A-are you sure about this position? I only have experience of a waitress." Damon calmly said, "We'll provide you with a training program. You will first be under the supervision of Zander and then when you'll get a hang of the job, you will start working independently."

Mels thought about this glancing at Zander who was busy eating his food. She nodded because this was more than she could ask for. She asked, "Please let me know how much I have to pay rent and for groceries. I have some savings I can use until I get stable." Alex waved a dismissal saying, " Oh darling non of it. You won't be paying any money. You're family and family doesn't pay each other." Mels instantly shaked her head saying, "No I can't do that Mr. Alex. I'm already being such a burden to you all." Alex sighed and said, "Darling firstly, it's uncle Alex as my sunshine calls me. Secondly you are no burden to us. We are the ones who are in debt to you for a lifetime for being there for our princess."
Lorenzo added, " Yes sweetheart, you protected our princess and we are forever grateful for it. Please accept are offer."

Mels sighed and said, "Okay Uncle Alex and Uncle Enzo but please you all are not in debt or anything. I just did what friends do." They smiled and nodded. Damon said, "After breakfast, come to my office and we'll discuss further information regarding your job Melanie." She nodded eating her pancakes.

Ayra looked at Damon raising her eyes. Damon looked at her, giving her undivided attention saying, "What happened sweetheart?" She sulked and scrunched her nose saying, "Why are you not offering me a job?" Everyone paused and chuckled hearing Ayra. Damon softly smiled and bobbed her nose replying, "Do want to work Love?" Ayra nodded exasperatedly. Damon nodded and said, "Then be my secretary." Ayra gaped at him and said, "I don't have a degree in business. I have majored in Psychology and nursing."

He nodded and said, "Then you can work with Aiden at our hospital. That'll be perfect for you." Aiden added, "yess. We can work together Ri. Oh we will have so much fun. Let's go from tomorrow." Ayra confusedly asked, "Don't I have to give interview or anything?" Blake laughed and said, "Ri, that is Kings Hospital. You don't need anyone's approval except Damon's which you already got." She shaked her head and mumbled, "Nepotism?" Everyone laughed hearing this statement and Damon chuckled saying, "I've worked hard sweetheart, you can surely enjoy a few benefits."

The breakfast ended and Mels came back after discussing the details of her job towards the couch where Ayra was sitting watching The Lord of the Rings. They both soon got invested in the series not eating attention to anything.

Zander came inside Damon's office saying, "Our guest are waiting for us Damon." Damon nodded and smirked, "Time to pay a visit to our guests." He looked at Blake and said, "you stay with the girls and make sure they are okay." Blake saluted and ran off to the girls to give them company making Damon and Zander shake their heads at his childishness.

Damon, Zander and Aiden made their way towards the dungeons which was  built abit far from the Mansion but a shortcut was built from the basement of the mansion for easy access. The guards bowed in respect seeing their boss. They halted in front of the cage where a beaten Fernandez was chained. Blood was coated everywhere which indicates his torture he was given. The 3 men entered and Fernandez raised his face to see who has entered. He froze instantly recognizing The Kings and especially The Damon King, the most dangerous and powerful man in the underground.

He stuttered, "M-Mr K-king, please for-forgive me for making you up-set." Damon raised his eyebrows and lowly said, "Do you know what you have done?" Fernandez shaked his head saying, "I-I cannot think of anything to make you upset." Damon hummed and crouched down to his level yanking him through his collar,making his wince in pain, "You touched something of mine. With your dirty hands, you touched someone who means the world to me. For whom I can destroy this whole world. You made her cry when I can't even imagine making her let out a tear." Damon hissed in anger.

Fernandez wide eyes begged him for mercy saying, "Ella told me to do it. I didn't want to do it but she gave me money that I desperately needed." to which Damon tched saying, " I would have shown mercy if it was someone else, but you touched Ayra, my Love , my obsession. You beat her up when she said no to your advances. You hurt my girl and this always ends in a painful death." Fernandez eyes widened even more realizing his mistake and he started begging for mercy. Damon stood up and ordered his man, "Cut off his penis inch by inch everyday and feed it to him. And cut off his hands and rest you know what to do."

His man nodded and he with Zander and Aiden got out, completely ignoring pleas and begging of the man who's fate was just sealed by Damon King. The 3 then made they're way to the where Ella and her daughter were. They both were in different cells but close to each other. Upon hearing Fernandez screams, the two women got scared backed up in the little space.

They stopped breathing when they saw Damon, Zander and Aiden coming towards them. They didn't have any energy to do something as they were starved and dehydrated. They were not tortured because Ayra wanted her answers and Damon had promised her so he ordered his men strictly to not hurt them physically. He didn't want his sweetheart to see all this. His Love was too innocent and too vulnerable to see all the chaos and destruction his world had to offer.

However, Ayra had already seen things Damon wanted to protect her from. He was praying everyday she didn't go through much pain that night. He wasn't sure if he was capable of handling the truth she had to offer.