The west wing

At the dining table, as everyone started to eat, Cane and Rafael started to talk about business with Zander and Blake. They were eating less and talking more. Ayra glanced at them and scrunched her nose in dissatisfaction. As she was deprived of food for seven years, she started hating the fact that people can’t enjoy food when eating but she remained silent and continued eating. Damon, who noticed everything about her, witnessed the scene and without looking at them, ordered, 
“No Business talks when eating.” Everyone looked at him in surprise as he was the one to always talk about business when eating.

Ayra looked at him and smiled, not knowing why everyone else was surprised. He looked at her, tilted his head and served her sweet potatoes as a palate cleanser. She beamed at him and started eating again. When the dessert came, Damon gave the biggest piece of chocolate mousse to Ayra which she happily accepted. Lorenzo and Alex were noticing the interaction of them both and were emotional. Lorenzo asked, “Do you still love chocolate, princess?” Ayra, with a mouthful of the mousse, nodded enthusiastically making the guys chuckle. 

Zander was sitting beside Melanie and was making sure she was well fed. He himself was confused as to why he was being like this. Zander served the second piece of chocolate mousse to Mels, who beamed at him. Even if Mels hated his guts and couldn’t stand him, food was food and food was her weakness. Zander’s heart skipped a beat when she beamed at him. He was transfixed at her smile. She has seen many beautiful girl but no one has ever made his heart skip a beat.

Lorenzo looked at his lap, and then looked at his daughter, “I still can’t believe you are back.” Everyone became silent. Ayra sighed sadly and took her fathers hand and said, “I’m back daddy, It’s real.” Lorenzo asked, “Are you really okay?” Ayra confusingly nodded, then Enzo sadly asked, “Then why haven’t you called me Papa like you always have.” Ayra stilled. The guys and Alex also stilled hearing this. Why didn’t they notice that Ayra hadn't called Enzo, Papa?

Ayra looked at her lap and deeply sighed, not knowing how to respond. She knew the reason. She so badly wanted to call him Papa but something was holding her back. She was not ready. She had a little hatred for Lorenzo. She saw him there that night. He was standing there, watching her kidnappers beating her. Even though she had an idea her imagination was blurred but still, she couldn’t forget that. 

Blake interrupted the tense silence  and diffused the situation. “Uncle Enzo, come on she might have forgotten, it’s not a big deal. Ayra, if you're done with the dessert, let’s go tour the mansion.” Ayra smiled in gratitude to Blake who blinked his eyes in ‘I’ve got you’ manner and nodded. Just then Ayra suddenly yawned and Damon instantly stood up from his seat, and said, “Ayra is tired, let her first rest. The tour can wait.” Ayra agreed with him because she was tired as hell. The jet lag wasn’t helping either. Damon put his hand on her lower back and said, “Let me take you to your room sweetheart.” Ayra blushed and nodded. She waved at everyone and Damon guided her towards her room.

Ayra and Damon, climbed up the stairs and walked towards the west wing which was Damon’s wing. Inside his wing, was Ayra’s room which she herself selected when she was a child. Because she wanted to stay as close to Damon as possible. It was Luca’s and Ayra’s wing. Ayra’s legs moved themselves as if they remembered the place. When Damon scanned his fingerprint, the door opened revealing the west wing. Ayra moved inside in awe. It was the same as she remembered. Nothing has changed. From the colour of the wall to the placement of furniture. She was overwhelmed. Damon watched each of her reactions with great interest. She moved towards a door which she remembered used to be her study. It wasn’t exactly a study, she named it as everyone in this mansion had one. Whether it be Uncle Alex, Luca, Zander, Aiden and Blake.

So when little Ayra demanded, Luca had it made in one night just to appease his love. Her hands trembled as she opened the door of her study. A gasp resonated in the silent place as memories rushed in her head. Oh how she missed this place. The floor to ceiling glass window which showcased nature outside the mansion. She could see the faraway mountains, the cloudy sky and a huge garden where she used to cycle. Near the window, were two big bean bags with a small wooden table which had a frame. The picture inside was of them. Ayra picked the frame up and examined the picture. She closed her eyes when she saw it. The picture was of Ayra laying on the bean bag with a cheshire smile and Luca supporting his head on his hand on the other bean bag, looking at her with the softest smile on his face. 

Ayra turned towards Luca, who was leaning on the wall watching her. “You still kept it?” Ayra asked in a trembling voice. Luca took a step close to her, took the frame and said, “I can never throw or replace the things which have your essence in them.” Ayra gulped and whispered, “How can you still care about me?” Luca put the frame down and cupped her cheek, “How can you ask me that Amore? How can you doubt my love for you? You were and will always be mine, you understand?” Ayra puckered her lips in a pout and nodded saying, “ You never had anyone other than me?” Luca raised his brows and replied, “Where are all these things coming from sweetheart? Don’t trouble your beautiful mind unnecessarily. I didn’t have anyone else because I only belong to you.”

Luca took her shoulders and moved her out of the door and towards her room saying, “Come on, you can see more after you’ve been rested. Your eyes are red, you need to rest Love.” She nodded and let him move them towards her room. When Luca opens the room, Ayra shaked her head and lets out a laugh. Luca smiled hearing the laugh and also knew why she laughed. “What ? You don’t like it? It was your choice.” said Luca. Ayra chuckled and said, “When I was a child Luca. I can’t believe I whined over getting neon pink colour walls, It’s embarrassing.” Luca chuckled and said, “I didn’t get it changed because I wanted you to design your room as you want, just like before.” Ayra smiled and said, “I’m definitely getting rid of these walls.” They both shared a laugh. 

She walked inside and turned to Luca, “I'll go change my clothes.” Luca nodded and said, “Your clothes are already inside.” She nodded and went to the bathroom. After changing her clothes into a big and cosy hoodie and sweatpants, she got out and saw Luca sitting on the sofa in her room near the window, scrolling through his phone. He closed it when he heard the door of the bathroom opening. The sight in front of him melted him immediately. Ayra was standing near the foot of her bed, clad in the big hoodie, rubbing her eyes due to exhaustion. It was her habit since she was a child. Rubbing her eyes when she was sleepy or just woke up.

Luca went near her, took her in his embrace and sniffed her hairs, which calmed him instantly. Ayra hugged him back, heaving a sigh of relief and leaned into him more. He leaned towards her neck and pecked her there, not able to control himself.  When he heard her breath hitching, he started nibbling and kissing her neck more. It was as if he could not control his mouth. Ayra moaned slightly when Luca kissed the area between her neck and collarbone. He immediately stilled hearing that beautiful noise that he had dreamed of so many times. 

He rubbed his nose on her neck, and Ayra gave him more space, transfixed in the moment. He lightly bit her neck which released a soft whimper out of her. Luca controlled himself before he could get carried away and leaned his forehead on hers. They both were breathing deeply. Ayra had her eyes closed with red blush spread on her whole face. She was too adorable. 

Luca rasped out, “Let's tuck you in sweetheart.” She laid on the bed while Luca tucked her in gently. He caressed her cheeks and said, “Rest Love, I'll be here when you wake up and if I'm not, I'll be downstairs.” She nodded, her eyes closing almost instantly as the soft bed and Luca's caress were lulling her into deep sleep. He kissed her forehead and the last thing she heard before dozing off was , “I'll make sure you're happy again Amore. No matter what.”