09. premiere day

⃗

..⃗. 🌌 •̩̩͙·˚ ➷̈
𝗛𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗘𝗬'𝗦 𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗧 ━━━━ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘
( 𝖯𝖱𝖤𝖬𝖨𝖤𝖱𝖤 𝖣𝖠𝖸 ) *:・゚

sunlight peered through the curtains of brady's room. his eyes fluttered open and it took him a second to realize that he wasn't in his bedroom in new jersey. instead, he was in a hotel room in LA. brady struggled to keep his eyes open as he felt around the nightstand beside the bed for his phone. when his hand made contact with the device, he picked it up and unlocked his phone. he was reminded of the date today: november 30.

a smile crept up onto his face as he realized that today was a big day for him. not only was his netflix movie finally released, but also he'd be reunited with the people who he made the movie with. he'd be celebrating the release of his movie with so many people he adored. he'd see xochitl, who he hadn't seen in forever. and also, he'd be seeing evangeline — for the first time since becoming friends.

when the two had first met at the barbie premiere, it was for a brief moment. like, very brief. it was right after the screening for the movie. xochitl had found evangeline in the venue with brady trailing behind her. the girls hugged as xochitl congratulated and complimented her. when the two let go, brady sheepishly raised his hand to wave at her. xochitl had introduced them to each other and evangeline looked ecstatic to meet him. he complimented her on her performance in the movie as well, to which she replied with a lot of gratitude. but before anyone could say anything else, eva was whisked away by her manager telling her that she was needed somewhere else so she could take photos with some cast members.

ever since then, eva became his celebrity crush. he went on to watch the barbie movie two more times; one with his family and the other with his friends. embarrassingly, he watched a few interviews that she did and edits that were made of her over the summer — and also some in the fall. evangeline was good at her job. she was a talented and wonderful actress, and so kindhearted and it was evident through any video or picture of her. and to top it all off, she was breathtakingly gorgeous. she practically became everyone's celebrity crush after the barbie movie launched her into stardom.

but ever since she and brady started talking, she became more than just a celebrity crush; she was his friend. he saw her beyond being a celebrity. she was more than the girl who was on disney channel as a kid and more than the moody girl in barbie — she was eva. she was the girl who wasn't afraid to speak her mind and be brutally honest. she was the girl who can talk about the most arbitrary topics for hours and never be boring. she was the girl who loved movies, specifically comedies, because they bring her comfort. she was the girl who loved doing her makeup every day because it's fun and a creative way to express herself.