029. evangeline's realization

⃗

..⃗. 🌌 •̩̩͙·˚ ➷̈
𝗛𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗘𝗬'𝗦 𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗧 ━━━━ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘
( 𝖤𝖵𝖠𝖭𝖦𝖤𝖫𝖨𝖭𝖤'𝖲 𝖱𝖤𝖠𝖫𝖨𝖹𝖠𝖳𝖨𝖮𝖭 ) *:・゚

the rest of the week was pretty rough for evangeline. she spent most of her time in her classes getting lost in her own little world with her airpods hiding behind her hair. because of her daydreaming problem and the music blasting in her ears, she never heard when any of her teachers called on her. and even if she did hear them, she didn't know the answer.

she often found herself thinking about brady. she thought about her favorite moments with him (which were all of them) and internally sighed. eva missed brady. she missed talking to him every single day, she missed laughing with him, she missed looking at him, she missed him. even though she hasn't spoken to him, he hasn't spoken to her either. the lack of activity on his end of the phone only confirmed her suspicion that he didn't want to talk to her anymore.

she tried not to think about him any further than that because if she did, she'd begin to mourn the loss of a friendship that she held so dear to her heart, and she didn't want to believe that she messed everything up that badly.

right now, on this saturday evening, evangeline laid down on her bed with her blanket pulled over her body and the hood of her oversized hoodie almost covering her eyes. for the first time in a long time, evangeline's schedule was completely free and she deeply wished that it wasn't. she had no excuse to avoid the people in her life, but she thought she was doing a good job so far. she's been locked inside her room for literally the entire day. while she was home alone the previous day, she stole a bunch of snacks and water bottles from the kitchen and kept it in her room so she didn't have to leave. she had everything she needed to spend the weekend rotting in the comfort of her bedroom.

evangeline was aimlessly scrolling on tiktok as the sun was setting. her brain was turned off and she was enjoying her time alone until she scrolled and saw an edit that a fan made of her and brady. she watched the edit on a loop with my love mine all mine by mitski playing in the background. slowed down and filtered clips and pictures of her and brady flashed on her phone screen, successfully reminding eva why she was feeling so out of it. she finally scrolled and of course another tiktok of her and brady showed up. this time it was to the song love me like you by little mix. how dare this random person on the internet edit her and one of her favorite people in the world to her favorite childhood song.