031. confessions

⃗

..⃗. 🌌 •̩̩͙·˚ ➷̈
𝗛𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗘𝗬'𝗦 𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗧 ━━━━ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬 𝗢𝗡𝗘
( 𝖢𝖮𝖭𝖥𝖤𝖲𝖲𝖨𝖮𝖭𝖲 ) *:・゚

evangeline has actually been doing pretty well the past week ever since her talk with her brother. she still hasn't really spoken to anyone else though, but she was making progress nonetheless. she's cleaned her room, picked up the slack at school, and she's been hanging out with dylan more. she's even thought about brady a few times without panicking and breaking down into shambles! progress!

speaking of which, evangeline has visited his contact at least twice every hour. she usually tries to go and type something, but she never knew what to say. should she apologize for the kiss again, or for ghosting him? should she just text him a simple hey or would that be too casual? she's contemplated every single thing she could text him and none of them were good enough. she wasn't sure if brady even wanted to talk to her anyway.

she was in her room, organizing random clothes that she had left everywhere over the span of a month. her spotify playlist kept her company as she did so and she occasionally hummed the lyrics to each song that played as she completed her chore. delicate by taylor swift started playing after she had hung up one of her shirts in her closet. the second she heard her voice, eva was reminded of the night she made brady listen to the song. she was convinced that the universe was taunting her.

never in her 18 years of living had she felt so passionate about another person. just the mere thought of brady would be enough for her to melt into a puddle of adoration for him. just thinking about him made her brain go la la la. but only until she remembered the kiss and how they haven't spoken in two weeks.

as the chorus of the song approached, evangeline heard a few knocks on her bedroom door. she guessed that it was dylan wanting to borrow her charger or something since he's always losing his. and so, evangeline raised her voice loud enough for him to hear her say, "dylan, go away! i'm busy and i'm using my charger!" she didn't hear a response so she just assumed that he walked away. but then, she heard a few more knocks. she didn't respond to it in hopes of dylan getting bored and leaving her alone, but the knocking didn't go away.

evangeline internally groaned as she rolled her eyes and walked away from her closet. she made her way to her bedroom door and swung it wide open, already beginning to speak, "i'm cleaning my closet, what do you—" she was cut off by the presence of the person she's missed most these past two weeks and her heart dropped at the sight. at first, eva was convinced that she has officially gone insane and she's seeing things because in what world would brady come and surprise her after weeks of not talking. but then, after moments of silence and eye contact, brady spoke up.