12. friends is in italics

⃗

..⃗. 🌌 •̩̩͙·˚ ➷̈
𝗛𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗘𝗬'𝗦 𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗧 ━━━━ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗩𝗘
( 𝖥𝖱𝖨𝖤𝖭𝖣𝖲 𝖨𝖲 𝖨𝖭 𝖨𝖳𝖠𝖫𝖨𝖢𝖲  ) *:・゚

"xochitl, put your phone away." dylan mumbled at the girl who currently had her phone out taking pictures of two of her friends. "they're gonna wake up."

"if they wake up, it's because you don't know how to whisper properly." she looked at him.

"this is how i know you spend too much time with eva." he replied, referring to her insult.

"shut the hell up!" nate whisper-yelled. "if eva found out that we've just been staring at them for the past 5 minutes, she's actually gonna murder us."

"okay, staring makes us sound creepy. i don't know what else we'd call it, but i don't wanna say that we're staring." connor said to the group.

it was currently the next morning and the four of them had woken up about 30 minutes ago. as they all patiently waited for evangeline and brady to wake up, nate went to go check up on them and saw an interesting sight: brady's arm wrapped around evangeline and her head resting on his chest. the two were practically cuddling! nate just had to show the others. and so, here they were; standing by the end of brady's side of the bed.

brady's eyebrows furrowed together at the sounds he kept hearing. his eyelids opened a sliver amount and shut closed before opening back up and familiarizing himself with his surroundings. his eyes widened and his body jolted when he unexpectedly saw his friends staring right at him when he woke up. when he realized it was just them, he shut his eyes and covered them with his hand for a moment.

then, he became aware of the weight on his chest and the contact between his arm and another person's clothes. he removed his hand from his eyes and recognized the head on his chest. evangeline's hair was sprawled all over, and brady could still smell the lavender of her shampoo from the previous morning.

dylan and connor both had their hands pressed against their mouths to refrain from laughing while nate awkwardly pressed his lips together and xochitl wore the biggest smile. brady rolled his eyes at them, "you guys are so weird."

now, evangeline's eyes fluttered open. she wasn't in her bed and the pillow her head was resting on wasn't even pillow. despite waking up merely a couple of seconds ago, eva was wide awake. it was as if her sudden cognizance of her surroundings caffeinated her body and woke her up. she placed a hand on brady's chest to help her immediately get up. she seemed frozen in shock. "oh my god, i'm so sorry." she apologized. eva then covered her face with both her hands.