034. night at the martinez household

⃗

..⃗. 🌌 •̩̩͙·˚ ➷̈
𝗛𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗘𝗬'𝗦 𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗧 ━━━━ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥
( 𝖭𝖨𝖦𝖧𝖳 𝖠𝖳 𝖳𝖧𝖤 𝖬𝖠𝖱𝖳𝖨𝖭𝖤𝖹 𝖧𝖮𝖴𝖲𝖤𝖧𝖮𝖫𝖣 ) *:・゚

evening has dawned upon los angeles. the sun was still setting with only a couple more minutes until it would be replaced by the moon. the martinez family plus brady had just finished their dinner. eva wasn't the biggest fan of sharing elements of her love life with her parents. she found it awkward and humiliating. however, her parents had the hunch that she had something going on with brady. neither mr. or mrs. martinez wanted to press her about it, so instead they told her she should invite him over. evangeline was confused and slightly worried about it, but she invited him over anyway.

whatever nerves eva or brady had that night went away once brady sat down at the dinner table. it wasn't like it was his first time meeting her parents, but something about it felt formal. it also felt so casual. it was as if brady had been part of their family for years.

when everyone finished the food that mrs. martinez had made for everyone, eva stood up to go put everyone's dishes in the sink. brady offered to help and even wash the dishes. eva and her parents refused to let their guest wash the dishes for them despite brady offering, but he insisted. so, eva suggested that her parents go rest after a long day of being at work while she and brady wash the dishes together. dylan could've offered to help, but he didn't want to, which caused eva to roll her eyes and give him the job of washing dishes the next night.

right now, eva stood in front of the sink with a plate in her hand and a sponge in the other. as she placed the sponge down and ran the plate under the running water, brady keenly watched her. she gave the freshly cleaned plate to brady as he leaned down and placed it in the washing machine that the martinez family used to store dishes instead of washing. the two have been doing this for the past two minutes.

it was so simple. neither of them were even talking. but eva could do this simple task with brady for the rest of her life if she could. she doesn't even like washing dishes, but brady being there to help her made the chore bearable. as for brady, he liked standing there and watching evangeline no matter what she was doing. he liked how peaceful it was with just the two of them in a comfortable silence accompanied by the water running from the faucet.

as brady placed the final dish into one of the racks of the dishwasher, evangeline grabbed the hand towel that her family keeps hung up on a towel rack attached to a cabinet and dried her hands. she then passed it over to brady so he could dry his hands too. brady threw the towel over his shoulder so that the cloth would be draping over it. not once has his eyes left evangeline.