018. make it awkward

⃗

..⃗. 🌌 •̩̩͙·˚ ➷̈
𝗛𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗘𝗬'𝗦 𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗧 ━━━━ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡
( 𝖬𝖠𝖪𝖤 𝖨𝖳 𝖠𝖶𝖪𝖶𝖠𝖱𝖣  ) *:・゚

evangeline patiently sat in a study room that she signed out at the local library. she had her ap statistics textbook, her math notebook, and her laptop placed in front of her on the long rectangular table in the room. surrounding that table were office chairs that were completely empty but one — the one evangeline was sitting in. for the past 20 minutes, eva's eyes would travel to the door with the hope of catching grayson walk in. after all, it was his idea for them to study at the library together for their math test. evangeline looked down at her phone, which was also on the table and checked to see if he had texted her. the answer was no.

evangeline sighed as she pushed up her blue-light glasses. she opened up her laptop and started reading over the study points that her teacher posted online. coincidentally, just as she started studying, grayson walked into the study room.

"hey, sorry i'm late." he apologized. he took a seat in front of evangeline. "i had to pick up my mom from work."

evangeline sat up straighter and sent him a friendly grin, "you're good. don't worry."

grayson started taking out a few of his belongings from his backpack. "have you been here a long time?" he asked.

"uhh," she shook her head, "nope. i just got here a couple minutes ago." grayson nodded his head in response and evangeline changed the topic. "so, um, i was thinking we could do some of the practice problems that ms. hill posted. i think we should just do the first two and number 6 because i think they're the easiest to do."

"yeah, sure. sounds good." grayson was in the middle of grabbing his notebook and pencil case. evangeline turned her laptop around so that he could see the problems she was talking about. grayson started to flip to the next blank page in his book as he read the word problems on eva's screen. "oh, yeah. the first two are pretty easy." he agreed. "thanks."

"you got it?" eva asked as he pulled out his phone, presumably to look at the problems from there. grayson nodded. evangeline turned her laptop back around to face her so she could reread the first problem and plan the steps on how to solve it in her head.

she didn't make it very far trying to solve it though because every time she got close to the solution, she could feel a pair of eyes on her. she finally looked away from her laptop screen and looked at grayson whose eyes were on her. "what?" she questioned.