Hogwarts Express

We stood in front of the barrier.

Tom had already told me to run through it, and here goes nothing. I ran like I hadn't in a long while. The worries still plagued me, and I couldn't lose him. There was too much at stake.

Tom could sense my unsureness. He looked at me slightly worried as well.

"Tom, it's okay if you want to part with me," I said, "You've helped me a lot already, and I'm a muggleborn."

He nodded but then shook his head vigorously. He looked extremely confused but then walked ahead, leaving me a little stunned.

I cleared my head before boarding the express. I definitely planned on making friends if Tom left me completely alone.

I searched the compartments, but none were empty. Sighing in defeat, I slid open the door to see a slytherin boy about my age.

He glanced at me, and instead of sneering, he grinned. He actually grinned at a stranger. I hadn't yet changed into my robes but had a good feeling about him.

"Hi, I'm... Rose Evans," I said awkwardly.

"Theo Nott, pleasure to meet you," he replied while extending his hand. I tried not to gape at a Nott being kind to anyone. I sat down in front of him. I wondered how he was alone, until a band of boys were heard laughing just outside. Shit. I tried to get out, but the door opened, and in came a familiar face.
A blond, long-haired, blue-eyed boy.
"Well, well, who is this pretty lady Nott?"

"Rose Evans," he replied, and I awaited the humiliation I would suffer. Surprisingly though, he took my hand and brushed his lips against it while looking smug.

''Merry meet Rose Evans. Abraxas Malfoy at your service."

''Merry meet Heir Malfoy."

He seemed surprised at that because no muggleborn would know how to greet a pureblood.

"Are you planning to move inside Malfoy?" A strangely familiar voice asked, and I reeled back in my shock when I saw Sirius' face but more defined. His father.

And the group filed in with lastly, Tom. Anxiety crawled up my veins as I stared at him. He was so pissed off. I had to pretend I didn't care. Surprisingly, he glared at Malfoy, who tried to sit next to me. Taking his place next to me, the others furrowed their eyebrows at his strange behaviour. I noticed that Tom wasn't mad at me but ferociously glaring at Malfoy and Nott.

The look in his eyes made me remember the insane version of his diary horcrux. Tom glanced at me when the others were rambling about their holidays.

"No one touches what's mine." He hissed in parseltongue, making the boys look up at him in shock. They knew he kept his gift a secret and revealing it to me of all people was, in their eyes, terrifying. I shivered at the possessive tone, though not breaking his stare. I wasn't weak, and I wouldn't submit. He seemed satisfied with himself.

"Anything from the trolley, my dears?"
An old woman who I didn't recognise asked.

"One chocolate frog, please," I spoke while trying to find what's left of my money in the satchel I brought. Tom moved my hands down and reached into his pocket.

"Tom, you don't have to," I whispered.

"I want to."

The boys's jaws dropped at me calling him by his first name. This was going to be a long ride.

***

                       ~PART TWO~

"SLYTHERIN!" The sorting hat cried after spending a good five minutes on my head.

In my mind, it said, "I know who you are, little Potter...or shall I say Ms. Peverell."

My eyes widened, but I quickly regained my composure.
Huh, Ms. Peverell, did he say? Certainly interesting.

Whispers broke out into the hall about the new muggleborn in slytherin. I wanted to cause chaos, so I waltzed over to the Knights of Walpurgis and took my seat beside Tom. His smug expression said it all.

"Sneaky Viper, you have outdone yourself."

"Why, thank you, Lord Slytherin," I said in his ear. His expression changed to utter shock. It was about time I let it slip into his head. He was not just a normal halfblood. He was practically Lord Slytherin.

His expression, though, did say that he knew.
Of course, he knew! He was anything but dumb and I underestimated his knowledge. This was going to be so much fun.

***

The girls glared at me in the halls, and I knew why. I couldn't blame them at all though. It was only natural for them to be curious and somewhat envious. They wondered what I whispered in Tom's ear when all eyes were on us. His expression said that it was nothing innocent. Thankfully, the heir hadn't confronted me about it.

I was walking on broken cobblestones around him. He was a predator, but I was his equal. I was reading in an empty corridor when a hand pulled me aside. I knew that firm grip, so I let myself be dragged through the halls. When we reached the room of requirement, the door shut behind us.

"How did you know?"

"I am full of secrets, Mister Riddle. You know the agreement. So now tell me something about yourself."

He smirked devilishly, "How about I tell you I found Salazar's Chamber of Secrets?"

I smiled innocently, "I knew that already."

He laughed, "You are way too cunning for your own good. Want me to lead you there?"

"Actually, I think I will lead you."