Love It & Hate It

I had never been to a Slytherin party. Like ever. So this was my chance to shine a little, gain the boys's attention like normal teenagers. I honestly didn't mind the girls eyeing me either. I wore a short black dress, with curls hanging down my shoulders. I had light make-up on which one of the girls I shared a dorm with helped. The common room was thick with clouds of smoke, cigarettes, and joints being lit. I was pretty sure there were drugs present. I shed off all my worries and responsibilities for the night. I convinced myself to let loose and actually enjoy it for once. I chugged down a couple of firewhisky shots, my throat burning. I was reluctant to go to the dancing students as I had no partner. The alchohol had now taken control, making me sway side to side. I was drunk, alright? A blond made his way over to me, a familiar blond. I couldn't shake off how familiar he looked to Draco.

Picking up some courage like the Gryffindor I once used to be. I dragged his drunken self to the floor. We jumped up and down, almost taking over the crowd, who wolf whistled. Hell yeah! This was much more fun than I expected. I knew I was lightweight after chugging down some more drinks. I kept giggling and stumbling all over the room. The boys were quite fun while drunk for once when they were not stuck up.

"Hey! Rosier! I bet you five galleons I kiss someone tonight," I yelled over the music.

"Oh, let it be me, please!" He begged as I laughed.

A slow song came on, so I again dragged Abraxas to the middle. He was a little surprised but masked it soon.

"You sure I'm not a bad influence?" He chuckled.

"Oh honey, I went bad years ago."

I placed my head on his chest, swaying side to side.

***

Clothes came off one by one, we were making out heavily, not breathing one bit. We agreed that this was a one-time thing. Deep down, I knew he wanted more. I was too drunk to care, though. We both were. I moaned as his hands explored my body, mine tangling in his hair.

"What the -"

Oh fuck! My near naked body hid behind Abaraxs' shirtless one. Orion covered his eyes and looked away and there stood a furious Tom. I dressed again, fearing what the outcome would look like. That murderous look in Tom's eyes was never a good sign.

"Uhm are you dressed?" Orion squealed.

I muttered a low, yes, waiting for Tom's reaction. Instead of killing either of us, he stormed away. The shirtless boy scratched the back of his neck, beckoning me to follow him. I didn't miss the hurt look in his eyes, though. It pained me, but I had to leave.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, retreating.

I heard a faint, "Don't be."

I pushed through the crowd, who looked just as dazed as I felt. I went on a search for him, following the footsteps that led to the Astronomy Tower. Sweat beaded my forehead as I tried to slur out words. 'Tom, Tom, stop!" I yelled, catching upto him.

"Get away from me Rose!"

I was gobsmacked. He never used that tone with me, ever. I certainly didn't like it at all but I was still confused. I maybe oblivious to some things but not so much that I didn't see the strange look in his eyes. Hurt. Damn you Rose!

I had managed to break through the stoic, cold Tom Riddle. Knowing better than to argue, I walked away.

I hated the feeling of guilt, always did, especially when I caused pain. Then I remembered Leo and Cedric, making the guilt run deeper. Did I really just forget them? Because of my own selfish needs?

I slid down the wall of an empty corridor. The boys's images flashing in front of my eyes.

"Death?" I called, closing my eyes.
He did not come, making me feel all the more miserable. Great! So I was alone, again. What if Tom stopped talking to me? Or the Knights shunned me out?

I knew one person who wouldn't and he was standing in front of me, slipping down the wall to sit close.

"Abaraxs, I'm really sorry," I muttered through the silence.

He patted his shoulder, making my head fall on it. I didn't realise we fell asleep, having no nightmares or terrors.