The Seasons Changed

A lot happened in the next few weeks

A lot happened in the next few weeks. It was now winter, and all hell had broken loose. I saw Tom less and less. The petrification of students had increased greatly. I was just surprised that Tom and I weren't the petrified victims. Dumbledore won't want it. He wanted everyone to believe that it was us. So here we were, waiting for the Hogwarts Express to take us to Wools. I had convinced Tom somehow of not blaming Hagrid. He was certainly pissed to say the least. Earlier that day, Dumbledore had been looking very smug when he eyed us. An old man with such great power was playing chess with just two teenagers. It was laughable.

After having a lot of Tom ignoring me, I realised I had had enough. I decided to confront him when we were in the compartment.

"What is your problem?" The words spilt out of me before I could comprehend.

He scoffed, not a great way to start the conversation. "What is my problem? You acted like mingling Abraxas wasn't a big afair."

"Why do you care? It's not like we are dating."

Before I could know what was happening, I was pinned to the wall.
He looked at me like prey, and for a fact, I knew that I was one.
"How oblivious can you be?"

I gaped in realisation.

Then I immediately kissed him, pouring all my emotions into it. Our bodies blended together as our mouths clashed hungrily. I felt invincible, so invincible. He picked me up, wrapping my thighs around his body. I moaned when he slipped his tongue into mine. I was backed against the door knob but I didn't care. He peppered kisses down my neck, making me draw my head back. I whispered his name as he worked his way down my body. My shirt disappeared, my skirt riding up.

"Muffliato," he muttered.

***

Half of the day was spent playing with his curls, his head on my lap. I was spent, really, really tired. That was definitely not what I expected. All thoughts had disappeared for the moment. I couldn't believe this was Tom Riddle, the Tom Riddle, whose name I had moaned. I guess there were some perks of having a compartment to yourself.

"Rose?"

"Mhm," I replied almost sleepily.

"I-"

We were interrupted by the door sliding open. All the boys filed in, and I kept myself from laughing at their obliviousness. Thankfully, the hickies weren't very visible, but we looked like a mess. Theo Nott cleared his throat, clearly having an idea of what we had just done. I hid my smirk, plastering on a smile.

"So Tom, Rose, my mother had just written to me about you coming over for dinner sometime." Abraxas said, looking at us expectantly. I glanced at my partner, who gave a curt nod.

"Brax, this may be overstepping, but by any chance, can we stay at your manor?"

He perked up, "Of course you can!"

***

We had to make a really good first impression on Mr and Mrs Malfoy. The only way they'd join us is if they know two halfbloods were worthy. Maybe slip the accidental parseltongue in between. Tom seemed to be thinking the same thing.

We stepped out of the train after an hour of chit chatting. Brax's family was pretty easy to spot. Tall, blonde, and radiating dark magic.

He introduced us, and for a moment, the couple was staring us down or at least me. It was clear that Tom had already met them, so now it was my turn. I turned on the Peverell charm, which they saw right through. Though I didn't care as I wanted them to see how I could be. The couple gave a curt nod like they approved of me.

We apparated to the front of the manor. It was royally humongous. I kept in the dreamy reaction at its sight. The inside was just like I remembered, though all the traumatic memories came crawling back. Fuck. Tom saw this and grabbed my hand, interlocking our fingers. This didn't go unnoticed by the couple or the son who frowned. I did not mean to do that, hurt him in any way, and then he glanced at me. The hickies were visible on my neck, shit! I did a wandlesss charm to hide it. A love triangle was the last thing I needed, but I feared it had already begun. I couldn't handle the conflicting emotions of the two boys at that moment, so I ignored it.

"A wonderful manor, Mr. Malfoy," I said, smiling.

"Why thank you, make yourselves at home. We will talk later."

With that, the couple disappeared.

The boys and I began exploring, finally landing on the 'forbidden room'. My curiosity was at its peak when the door immediately opened for us. A portrait of Salazar Slytherin was hung on a mantel.

There were many dark, strange objects in the room. I found the strangest one of them all.

"What is that?" I pointed at the globe.

Tom was distracted when Abraxas went to touch it.

"It is like a wish come true globe, but that's just a legend."

I laughed, touching the cracked glass.

"We can say whatever we want, let's try." He said.

"No!" Tom screamed too late.

"I want to go home," I whispered whistfuly at the same time.

The room started evaporating, blending into nothing. Abraxas and I screamed as we started floating while Tom tried shielding me. It didn't take us to Hogwarts. It really took me home.

When we landed in the same room, we were relieved, but then the door banged open.

"Lucius?" I gasped.

"Rose Potter?"

How did you like the plot twist?