Lies

"Rose," he whispered almost whistfully as soon as he saw me. He had a dorm all to himself due to being the heir of Slytherin now. He had collected his lordship rings already, and everyone in Slytherin was at his feet. The word had gotten out, and everybody either feared or respected him. Dumbledore was aghast the whole week because of it. Knowing his worst fears came true. There was no stopping Tom. People parted when he made his way through the crowds. I had done my very best to try and avoid him, but alas, we met. Our feet were standing in an empty corridor, frozen. I looked into his eyes, which were a little red. A colour I hadn't noticed before, though I was sure it wasn't from crying. Mine were red because of that reason. We remained planted there, not saying a word. I blinked back to reality and started walking away. He took long strides and caught up to me, grabbing hold my wrist. I could feel the cold rings seep into my soft skin.
"Tom, how do I do it? Did I fail?"
"No, no, you didn't. You had no idea, and I was too much of a coward to admit it."

The tension in the air was thick before screams erupted. I glanced at the boy whose eyes dawned in realisation. He latched onto my wrist and started pulling me away. I broke free of his strong hold in fear, running down the hall. He tried to stop me, but nothing could. I followed the sound of chaos only to reach a mob of 3rd year students surrounding a body. Eyes wide, a girl was frozen on the floor. Horror struck me, and I turned around to look at the murderer of my parents. I saw how he really was for the first time.
"Rose, you have to believe me! It wasn't me, I did not do this."
The foolish girl in me believed him, but I still stepped back in fear. His expression morphed into one of heartbreak. He stormed away as I just stood there, staring at his retreating body. Olive Hornby, I recognised the girl. Teachers filed in one by one and shooed away the students. Dumbledore searched the crowd and glared at me like I was to blame. My hatred fueled as he whispered something to Dippet, whose gaze fixated on me. Was he really going that far to just put the blame on me? I strut away in anger and disbelief, but was I really surprised? The manipulative bastard would do anything to get me out of school. I didn't want to go back to the orphanage to the war. Even if it meant turning the culprit in. I had to be sure, though, that this was his doing. Tom trusted me, and breaking it would send him to into a fit of rage.
I finally found him in the room of requirement, pacing.

"Did you do it? Don't lie," I said cautiously because he looked just about ready to explode.

"I didn't!" The truth in his expression shined, but he was an excellently skilled deceiver.

"Swear it, on your magic."

He looked taken aback at first but then a determined look followed, "I swear on my magic that I didn't harm Olive Hornby, so mote it be."

I nodded strolling towards him and clasping my hands in his robes. "We will find who did this." I promised.

The thought of framing Hagrid did cross my mind. I wouldn't ruin his life though. He was more than just a gamekeeper.

Soon, the whole school was turned against Tom. Seeing that he was the Heir of Slytherin. Bad timing, such bad timing. I was sure this was Dumbledore's way of playing chess.
Your move, he smiled from afar. Oh Dumbledore it is on. You have no idea who you just messed with.