Fickle Love

Grimmauld Place was bustling once again, but this time due to the guests who would soon show up

I was giddy for Tom to meet my godfathers. Me? Finally bringing a boy home? Shocker.

The floo lit up and Lucius stepped out, his nose stuck in the air and looking at everyone as if they were filth. I gave him a deadly warning look which wiped away the permanent sneer. Sirius on the other hand was scowling and growling like a dog which he kind of was. Narcissa stepped through the floo, proud but not prideful. Awkwardness hung in the air for a moment before two gorgeous boys stepped out. I couldn't help but run and engulf them in a hug. It had been quite a few days since we were together. I introduced them to everyone and a lot of hand shaking ensued. They looked at the boys, especially Tom in fear. I realised none of them had really gotten used to the Dark Lord like I had. I had gotten too used to him honestly. Like the dramatic man he was, Dumbledore appeared behind us. He must have tried to not gape at the two clones of his past students. The floo lit up again to show Amelia Bones standing there. Let the game begin.
"So!" I had a master plan in mind. "I have something to show all of you."
I had created a trailer of my memories on a movie screen. The memories I once showed Tom but not of the future.
As every scene unfolded, the audience was left more and more gobsmacked.
I looked at Amelia Bones expectantly until the end. "Albus Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, you are here by arrested for child abuse." She hissed in anger.

The days went by and Dumbledore was unexpectedly found dead in his Azkaban cell murdered rather brutally. The papers that once had been hidden by him from 1945 came to light again. The news spread like wildfire. Many protests were held by Dumbledore's supporters. Too bad there wasn't a leader.

It took months for ancient customs practiced by purebloods to be allowed. Almost everyone was happier and it was going to be Samhain soon. We connected with our ancestors, and that meant my parents. I gazed at them teary-eyed as they soothed me. I finally felt that I got closure.

That night, Tom dragged me to a gazebo.
"What are you doing?" I asked him suspiciously.
He just shook his head with a hint of a smile. That night was also a meteor shower. I was in a white floral dress that reached my feet with a light pink cardigan to keep me warm. I gazed at the stars in awe, and when I glanced back at Tom, he was on his knees with a ring.
"Oh my god," I whispered, and he chuckled.
"This, Rose, is a promise ring." He nodded at the emerald gem on a silver ring.
"So, I know I'm not capable to love anyone but you are all in all my soulmate. I love you. I love your beauty and your courage, your sharp wit and your kindness and most of all, I love the person you helped me become. So...what do you say?"

I bent down, tears brimming in my eyes. After everything, I was just a girl looking at a boy who I loved with all my heart.
"I love you too," I replied with a small smile.
He placed the ring on my finger, pulling me in for a toe curling kiss. I chucked my arms around him, inhaling his irrestable cologne and cried my heart out. Happy tears for once. All was well.

The end