8- The Mismatching Eyes

Give me some love! I'm working hard! Please enjoy the next chapter!

___________________

"Wow, Aido-senpai's house is huge. The rose gardens are beautiful from here. Kaname-senpai, can we go for a walk out there?" Yuki questions as she looks back at the pureblood. He tilts his head.

"Not until you call me just Kaname." Yuki blushes and looks away from him.

"You know I can't do that. The other senpai are here." Kaname walks up to Yuki and puts a gentle hand to the top of her head. That makes her sink further in embarrassment.

"Ugh, why does she have to be here?! If she wasn't Kaname-sama's lover, then I would get the honor of being friends with him!" Hanabusa internally goes off.

"Aido? You look like you're in pain. Aren't you happy that Kaname is so happy right now?" Takuma is oblivious to the despair in Hanabusa as he smiles brightly.

"Yep, very happy, Ichijo-sama." Hanabusa struggles to say. He looks to Ruka and Rima, who had come back in with roses. Ruka seems in a worse mood than him.

"Roses? Why are they being brought inside?" Yuki questions the two girls.

"To make rose tea." Rima responds to her. Yuki tilts her head. She's never tasted rose tea before. She becomes excited about that.

"Did Shiki-senpai make it to his home?" Yuki asks Rima. She looks back to the roses and nods her head. Her brow furrows, she's had a bad feeling since he said he was going to visit his mother. She knows it's something he doesn't look forward to, but he doesn't like trouble or confrontation, so he becomes obedient. He was excited that Alondra would be going with him as well. She hopes they can become friends.

"Touya-senpai?" Rima looks back at Yuki and shrugs.

"He's fine. He made it." Rima says this more so to assure herself than answer Yuki's question. Yuki nods and then looks around. She feels awkward being around all the Night Class students that she's barely interacted with. She wishes that Zero and Alondra were there. They are the only Night Class students that she has talked with the most and is comfortable with.

"Yuki, you seem tense still. How about we take that walk now? The sun is low enough now, but you can still see." Kaname puts his hand to her back. Yuki looks up at him and nods. This time, she wants him to tell her the truth. The promised month is almost up.

The pair head out, being watched by the others that are in Hanabusa's family home. The only one that seems to disappear is Seiren.

The silence feels overwhelming to Yuki. No one is making an effort to break it. Kaname is pretending to ignore what she wants to talk about as he just enjoys his time with her.

"Kaname-senpai-"

"The roses are beautiful, and I'm glad I got to show you how they bloom. Once every ten years. I want to preserve one for you. To keep the memory close to your heart." Kaname says as he smiles lovingly at her. Yuki stares at him wide-eyed. This topic seems to give her a sense of deja-vu, but it also makes her head throb.

"Kaname-senpai, please... I need to know the truth. That's why you brought me here, right? This... playing lovers is painful, even though you know my feelings for you too. I'm tired of not knowing anything." Yuki pleads as he puts a hand to her head. She smacks his hand away and looks up at him with tears beginning to well up.

"Why is this not okay? Enjoying this moment together -"

"I can't be happy with you if I'm not complete! Something is missing inside me, and you have what I am missing. Who am I, Kaname?!" Yuki demands of him. Kaname looks at her and looks at his hand.