11- Kiyomi the Vampire Slayer

"Good luck up there, guys. I know you'll come out of there stronger." Alondra looks out of the highest tower to watch over Zero and Ichiru going up the mountain to meet with Yoru's teacher.

"Why didn't you go with them?" Senri asks as he had accompanied her. Alondra smiles, but her brow is still furrowed in concern.

"I made a promise that I wouldn't see that woman again until I can become a proper queen. Also, I haven't been able to get up that mountain. The one time I tried, I passed out. Then again, I was an untrained fourteen year old." She explains to him. Senri also watches out to the mountain. Trying to spot any sign of Ichiru and Zero.

"Well, I guess their hunter training really will be of use. They will come back stronger if you believe they will." Senri looks to her with a small smile. "Um, so what will you do in the meantime? Will you continue to confront that man." Alondra sighs but doesn't let herself falter.

"Yes, I have to keep on going. It's convenient that for him, a couple of hours end up feeling like almost an eternity. Though, he is just as exhausting to listen to go off about his sister or Yuki, even if he doesn't know her." She rubs her temple, and Senri decides to speak out his concerns.

"Alondra-san, please be careful with that man. Everything I've heard you say about him is scary. I suppose it helps you bend him to your will with a command, but... don't become his next obsession." Senri pleads with Alondra.

"You're worrying too much. He just wants my powers to try and take Yuki. After all I'm putting him through, his only obsession is torturing me in every way possible. Thanks for letting me know your worries, though. I just want to free you from him as soon as possible." Senri now sees why Zero and Ichiru always worry over her. Sometimes, she's very confident about things she shouldn't be.

"Okay, then... will you see him now?" Senri questions her. Alondra lets out a long breath and eventually nods. "Then I'll watch over you while you get to work then."

"Thanks, Senri. I'll go lie down in the study. That way you'll have books so you don't get bored." Alondra looks out into the night one last time and then leads Senri to the study to continue on torturing Rido with morals

               ~0~

"Great, we gotta climb a mountain in winter. At least it helps that we have more resistance to the cold." Ichiru mumbles as he follows behind Zero as they tread the mountain. There is no clear path. They just have to make it to the top.

"You didn't have to come if you were going to be a baby about it." Zero answers back as he goes up like it's no big deal. Ichiru's temple throbs at the insult.

"Shut up, I'm not going to let you keep getting ahead of me. I'll also get strong to kick Yoru's butt on my own and be able to bring down Rido Kuran as well. Not only did he make hell for Shizuka-sama, but now he's trying to do it to Alondra. He's gonna pay." The annoyance is very obvious in Ichiru's voice.

"Then use those feelings to save your breath and get up this mountain. The oxygen will start thinning out the higher we get." Zero ends their conversation, and they continue their climb in silence.

They begin to feel the air thinning out, which begins to slow their pace. Zero looks back at Ichiru to make sure he's doing well.

"Don't look at me like that. I can make it just fine." Ichiru frowns, starting to pant a little, but is doing well otherwise. Zero nods and keeps moving on. They start to see smoke higher up.

Zero senses danger. He is about to turn to warn Ichiru, but he is the one that ends up getting pulled back as something slams right where Zero stood.

Ichiru releases Zero and pulls out his sword. "I said don't worry about me!" Zero pulls out his gun and shoots it. They hear a pop and see the bullet coming back at them. Ichiru smacks it away.