10- Confrontation

"That's the gist of what's been going on... but I can handle it! You don't need to stress yourself out, Mama!" Alondra explained the situation that's been happening to Estella and Maxwell. She omits some things, the main one being that Rido Kuran is imprisoned within Senri, which is why he has to stay there. They are aware now that Ichiru is in danger of being hunted.

"So much is happening, and I can't even be of use to my child. How did it come to this?" Estella questions concerned as Maxwell keeps an arm around her and her belly. Alondra looks at her parents worriedly.

"It should be expected that the Council and the Association are filled with shady men that don't take orders willingly from a seventeen year old girl. That's the problem. She wants to dismantle ancient systems that only benefit the strong, and I'm sure there are many who will fight against that in their own way. I, too, learned how messed up both places are." Ichiru comments. The family looks to him.

"That is to be expected. I'm sure they will find ways to go around our abilities to control all vampires. Alondra, this is how things are right now. They will use whatever means to destroy your plans for the future. As you can see with what is happening with this young man." Maxwell looks to his daughter. Alondra clenches her hands, and her face shows that she won't back down without a fight.

"Then I have to also find weaknesses in their plans and destroy them too. It has to work out since I've got in my hands two people that the Council and the Association want." She lets out a breath. "I have to do something about one of their pieces that are in my hands. Sorry, I will be okay." Alondra looks back at Senri. He tilts his head in confusion.

"Alondra?!" The group is stunned as she closes her eyes and suddenly passes out. Maxwell rushes to catch her. They shake her and try to rouse her. Senri holds his head, feeling something in him.

"Please wait. She will be okay. She's doing something important." Senri assures the family as he sits back. They look at him confused. Ichiru and Zero are worried as they figure out what Alondra is doing.

"So, this is your true face, Rido." Alondra stands before the older pureblood. His naked body is almost entirely trapped in a black shadow. Only some of his upper body is visible and his face, his arms and the rest of his body are trapped by the shadow of Alondra's familiar.

"Oh? Are you impressed? Have you fallen for me?" Rido teases, but he definitely sounds angry and bitter at being trapped. His mismatching eyes meet Alondra's unamused gaze.

"If that was all it took... no, you definitely have a terrible personality that repulses me. I'm here to tell you that I will be working on rehabilitating that terrible side of you until you are of no use to the Council." Alondra informs the man. He looks at her like she's insane.

"Hey, dumbass, I'm the one using them. Not the other way around. I'll be rid of those annoying old farts when I no longer need them. Oh, and then I'm coming for you, I was just gonna eat your heart, but now I'm gonna break your spirit!" Rido yells out at her. Alondra reaches out and grips his chin, her fingers digging into his jaw.

"Not without a body and with your spirit in my hands. From here on out, it'll be you and me, every day until you no longer have the will to harm another vampire or human ever again." Alondra says with a fake cheerful smile. Rido shakes his head away from her grip and starts to laugh.

"Oh? Are you gonna torture me with isolation? Breaking my mind? Please, princess... I dare you." He smirks, not taking her seriously at all.

"No, of course not. That would take too long. I said I'm going to rehabilitate you, Rido. I will be educating you on the changes that will be made through the treaty I've created with my friends and allies. I'll be reforming all your impulses and making you a better man." Rido looks at her in total disbelief. Like he just heard the dumbest thing ever.