TotK Wild Rejoins The Chain

(3rd person POV)

Three years.

That's how long it been since Wild, Link as he was known in his Hyrule, saw the rest of the Chain. And in that amount of time, not only had he failed again to keep Zelda safe, but the entire kingdom had been uprooted in the Upheaval! Oh, and one more thing.

HE LOST HIS FREAKING ARM!!!!!!

Yeah that's great. Also, Ganondorf was awakened, it turns out that he was helped by yet another king of Hyrule's past. The first no less. He was going to have to ask Sky about that, he had an idea of how that was possible, but he wanted to ask. His current and longest lasting theory is that Rauru was the founder of the first kingdom, and that was the one destroyed. Then Sky's was rebuilt, conveniently the same name. Probably an idea left to him by the Hero's Spirit.

He studied his "new" arm, a strange dark color that and a sort of fur on it, and was covered in light grey swirling patterns. It had almost claw-like nails. There were odd risen lines, that looked sort of golden colored. They raced up his arm, and there were also green rings on it, each with the symbol of a Sage that gave him a vow to help him. Oh, and there was a yellow, glowing teardrop shaped stone, called a Secret Stone.

Sighing, he stood up from the stump behind his house, and walked inside. He saw his best friend Zelda. She was reading over a letter, her dragon-like ears twitching. Her multi colored eyes shifted quickly across the page as her tail flicked anxiously, all leftovers of her thousands of years as the Light Dragon. Everyone in Hyrule knew the story, so no one ever stared.

"Hey, Link. Purah says that there are people in Lookout Landing looking for someone with a weird name." Zelda informed him. "Did she say their name? Maybe I could help them if I knew the name." He offered.

"No, but she thinks that you should meet with them to ask." She said. "Okay, I'll head over now. I'm going to grab the Slate quick, something in my gut tells me I'll need it." He said. "Okay," Zelda chirped. "But make sure to put all of your gear in it. I think you should use it again. It suited you well. Also!" She quickly added.

"I'm coming too!" Clearly, Link agreed and went to his room to put everything into the Slate, his old tool for traveling Hyrule. It still had all of the runes on it, an odd relief to him. He put everything into his Slate, then pulled on his Champion Leathers and normal Hylian hood and trousers.

"Hey Zel! I'm ready if you are!" He called, walking down the steps. "Let's go then!" Was her happily chirped reply. Link held out his arm, and used his Slate, updated for the new Shrines and towers of Hyrule that didn't exist on his last journey. He tapped on the Lookout Landing Skyview Tower, and they disappeared from their living room in a flash of blue light.

-Time Skip brought to you by Rauru-

They appeared at the tower, the small research settlement bustling with Zora, Rito, Gorons, Geudo, and Hylian. He searched through the crowd before spotting Purah, in her normal spot. She caught sight of the two quickly and waved them over. They ran on the wooden walkways built along the side of the small settlement, hurrying to Purah's wooden platform, connected to her house/research lab.

"Hey!" She called. "So! There's these weird people here! They keep saying that they're looking for their brother. And they asked me what happened to the castle! They didn't know about the Upheaval! So obviously I gave them a talk about it as I wrote you! I- I'm doing it again aren't I? Whatever!" She waved a hand in the air as Zelda and Link nodded.

"Anyway!" She exclaimed. "I'll go show them to you guys and maybe you can help them Link!" "I'll try, but if I don't know them it's probably going to be hard to help them. I'll still try but, I don't know what I can do." Link shrugged.

"Well!" Purah said, clapping her hands together. "Let's go!" She pulled them down the steps, and Link's hood fell down. He quickly pulled it up with his free hand, covering his face. You never can be too careful, because for all he knows, they could be Yiga. Granted, he was wearing the Champion Leathers, and he had the Master Sword on his back, so it was completely useless, but it was an old habit that brought some comfort.

"Here they are!" Purah exclaimed, as Link looked at the faces of the men, the oldest being around 30, and the youngest about 14. "This is the man I was telling you guys about that might be able to help! Wanna introduce yourself Linky?" She said with a sneaky look.

And all he could do was gap at the Chain.

(Wild's POV)

"Time?" I said, my hand slowly moving to my hood. "Sky? Wind? Four?" They looked at me, incredibly disturbed that I knew their names. "Legend? Hyrule? Twilight?!" Now they all looked afraid, and I knew that they were about to reach for their weapons.

"How do you know us?" Time asked. I pulled down my hood and tackled Time. "Wild?!" Wind screamed. I pulled the youngest to me in a hug. "It's me Sailor, it's me!" I chuckled. I released the pirate and looked at my lost family. I laughed at them, happy tears running down my face, then looked at Zelda and Purah. Clearly, I would have to explain.

"I'm going to have to explain a lot, aren't I?" I said to their confused and shocked faces. "Okay, come on. Let's get into Purah's Lab. Quickly! I don't know when a portal is going to open!" That was clearly not helping their confusion but it at least made them move a bit faster.

We quickly walked towards Purah's Lab, and I gave the quickest explanation I could. "So basically, how Zelda is reincarnated over and over, I am too as we already know. And Hylia decided to gather all of us together about four or five years ago. Remember how I kinda disappeared for about five months? Yeah, that's why. The reason why I can't really say how long ago it was is because we were sent through time, so while a week or two might have passed here, I felt three months or something.

    "We stayed in one Hyrule for a week or so, then we were moved. The reason we all have those odd names is because we are all Link. So we made nicknames out of our titles, therefore I'm Wild, because I'm the Hero of the Wild. Also, because we all have a Zelda in our time, we have nicknames for each Zelda, you're Flora by the way, because I know you were about to ask." Zelda closed her already opened mouth. I started again. "Questio-"

I felt my ears twitch, and looked over at the wall, feeling the presence of Hylia. The rest of the Chain sighed slightly, but stood up with me. "What's going on-" Zelda started, but was cut off by a dark, swirling portal. "Bye Zelda, bye Purah! Explain to the Sages for me, but not the whole story. I'll fill them in next time I'm here."

    It was Time's turn to look confused at me, but he looked rather afraid as well. "You know the Sages?" Twilight looked nervous too. "Not any of your Sages, I mean Sidon, Riju, Yaboo, and Tulin. They're the new Sages, and I'll explain everything to you later." I promised.

"It was nice to finally meet you Flora!" Wind chimed. The kid was a ball of energy, I bet he hadn't even had sugar in a while because I wasn't traveling with them, so this was his calm state! I think Flora would have replied, but it was definitely a lot to take in, even for someone who became a dragon! "I promise I'll explain as soon as I'm here again, in full." I promised Zelda and Purah.

"Wild," Time said, pinching the bridge of his nose like he always did when he was stressed out by one of us. "You are going to have to explain why everything is floating when we get through this portal and why Flora looks different from the pictures you've shown us- WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR HAND!?!?"

"Long story, all the same one, and it has to do with a second journey and our favorite guy, Ganondorf!" I threw my hands in the air to add to my sarcastic remark. "Cub, something tells me you did something dumb." Twilight says as he grabs hold of my arm, the pull from the portal starting to affect us more and more. Others had already stepped in with their partner. "What do you think?" I said, as we stepped into the darkness, the last to go through.