Trapped

Days later the memories of the Lab still haunted me. I couldn't sleep, so I flew at night. And I was starving, I hadn't eaten since I escaped. My limbs shook when I landed, I could only stay air borne for about two hours, then I got headaches and serious dizziness that forced me from the sky.

I shivered, partly because I was cold, and also because I had barely any energy. There were dark circles under my eyes. I was filthy, and my shirt was falling apart. I grabbed my backpack, and slung it between my wings, which were sticking out from two slits in the fabric I had cut earlier. I really didn't feel like flying today, the sky seemed to be jaunting me, at this early hour. I had only stopped for a break, which had turned into a long rest.

I sighed, I really didn't want to, but I had to get as far from the Lab as possible. Get a little R & R, then plan my next move.

I started something wrapped itself around me. I glanced down and to my horror, found it was a rope. Two more came shooting from the trees and were swung around my feet, there were little weights attached to the end. I fell to the ground, and my head struck something hard, I had landed on one of my wings. The other struggled fruitlessly against the bonds. I panicked, how had they found me?

The world got fuzzy as my concussion settled in. There were people standing above me, there shapes fuzzy and disorienting. One of them bent down, and there a sharp pain in my arm. I finally got some well deserved sleep.

When I woke, I immediately started freaking out. After the blackness disappeared I realized it was because I was in a small space. I hated small spaces. It looked like just a metal cylinder, with enough space for me to walk around, I couldn't spread my wings though, I found a secure metal strap binding them to my back.

I stood up, noticing the small grate. Before I looked out I realized we were in the air, I was in a plane of some kind. Peering through the grate gave me nothing, I couldn't see anybody, only the inside of a cargo plane.

They've got me, I'm going back to the Lab. It was the only thing that made sense. I spread my arms against the metal walls, fighting against the urge to vomit. And to stop my arms from shaking. I couldn't be going back. I swallowed a sob. My legs gave out and I sunk to the floor. I could feel a panic attack coming on, my whole body seemed to shake in ernest. I hated small spaces. My breath sped up, coming out in short gasps.

Then the horrid metal thing opened, and I was out, still panting as I took surveillance of my surroundings. There were people here. Several men and women in black suits, and a boy, around my age, in normal clothes with brown hair and sparkly green eyes. Though it was mostly covered by the weird hat he was wearing. They all stared at me expectantly. I was still breathing hard, and had to lean against the wall to catch my balance. I saw one shove another.

"He's claustrophobic idiot!"

"I didn't know, they didn't tell me anything!"

"Who are you?" I asked, weakly, these people were definetly not from the Lab.

A woman stepped forward, I winced away from her. I didn't like having my wings out in front of these strangers, but they were stuck in an upward position.

"Hello William, my name is Doctor Howard, but you can call me Jane." She said, holding out her hand.

I hesitated, the people behind her had guns, and the metal band was making me itch.

"We're not going to hurt you, we're here to help," she tried getting closer, but I backed away.

"Stay away from me," I warned.

"William, if you trust us, I can take off your restrictment." Jane held up a pair of keys.

I gulped, I really wanted this thing off. And the boy in the back just kept staring at me, it was chilling. Everyone was staring at me and I hated it.