.1

BK
Sunday - 6:25 am

"Well I can't help you with that right now

"Well I can't help you with that right now. I just got on my flight to head back to Houston.." I explained.

"Yes—yes...I understand. Mmhm—bye, bye.." I finished as I hung up the phone.

"Who was that?" Angie asked as I pulled my laptop back out to finish working.

"Jay... he keeps bugging me about press as if I haven't been working my ass off the past few months with my album."

"Exactly. Not to mention it's the best out right now. He needs to relax!" She said back and I nodded my head in agreement.

Working with Jay was amazing in the beginning and it still is at times. But lately it's been like working with a control freak. If I wanted to work under these conditions I would've kept my dad as my manger.

I only cut ties with him musically so I could have complete control over my music and be truly independent but now I was right back to square one.

Which was exactly why I was going home to Houston. I needed some 'me' time so I could evaluate which direction my career should go in from here.

I knew Jay wouldn't dare step foot into Houston and risk running into my dad so I was safe for the time being. "What's your first order of business when we get home?"

"Some real food!" I replied. "I hear that! Im still recovering from that food poisoning you gave us last month."

"That's on you! You know I can't cook.." I laughed. "I had faith in you." She pouted.

The rest of the flight consisted of me working on new beats and writing out some lyrics. I wanted to take my time in Houston to help local talent.

I made it out of Houston and made a name for myself so I figured it was time to do the same for others. Considering I planned on staying as long as I could I knew I would have time to seek some people out and help them as much as I could.

"How long do we have left?" I heard Kelly ask as she finally woke up from her nap. She was asleep for so long I forgot she was even here.

"We should be landing soon, sleeping beauty."

"I need some food.." She said in a grouchy tone causing me to furrow my brows at her.

"And people in hell need ice water.." I mumbled.

"What you say?" She asked and I just chuckled softly to myself.

Angie shook her head before adjusting her headphones so she could tune us out. I did the same as I watched Kelly walk over to where we kept our snacks.

Before I knew it we were landing and piling into the car with all of our bags. My driver, pulled out of the airport terminal heading straight for my mama's house.