.6

MW
Thursday - 11:36 am

"Oop! Okay, First Lady with the top!" Latoya said as I approached the table

I rolled my eyes as I took my seat and Latavia added, "I know right?! Is that cleavage I see.."

I had to admit I've been pushing the boundaries on what I wear lately, outside of church of course. I had to attribute that to Beyoncé.

She's become an influence on me and I didn't believe it to be a bad thing. I felt free in my skin again. Which led me to be more adventurous with my style.

"Oh, shut up!" I laughed. "Girl you showing off! Pastor let you out like this?!" Latavia teased.

I cringed at the mention of him. It felt like the closer I got to Beyoncé the more intolerable he became. I used to be able to ignore his misogynistic ways but they were starting to bother me more and more.

I strayed caring less about what he said, told me to do, or how to act. He was not in charge of me and it was about time I realized that.

"Y'all are a mess!" I laughed as I started to scan the menu. "But you look good girl! You look happy and I'm happy to see it." LaToya smiled and Latavia agreed.

We started talking about random things as we all caught up on each other's lives. I loved the bond we had. Before they started coming around I felt alone but they provided a sense of sisterhood that I was missing.

"So, what about you, beautiful? What's got you all glowy and titties out.." LaToya gestured towards my top again causing me to throw my head back in laughter.

I took a quick bite of my French toast before shrugging, "Nothing really, same ole' thing. I mean I have been recording music lately."

"Oo—really?! Where?" They asked.

"A studio not too far from here. I'm going there after this.."

"How'd you get hooked up with that?" They followed up.

That's a great question. They never gave the impression that they had beef with Beyoncé but let's be real everyone knew the mess that surrounded their group disbanding.

I sipped my hot tea before just ripping the bandaid off completely. "Uh—well Beyonce stopped me after Bible study one day and she offered to help me with music. I wasn't on board at first but I'm glad I did it. She's cool to work with.."

They gave each other a look before Latavia said, "She is cool to work and she knows her stuff so I'm sure the music sounds good."