Chapter II

The letter.

After being tortured twice in one day, a personal low for my parents, I went to my room to cry the month's deal of tears.

Months passed and still not a single letter from Sirius. I mean it wasn't like I was sending him letters but I felt I needed him to reach out to me. This is what Sirius would've called "French-British Arrogance".

"REGGIE!" I heard someone yell downstairs.

Shit Cissy. I swore under my breath as I pulled in my Dr Martens to go downstairs to see my insufferable relatives.

"Hello Regulus." I heard a mysterious voice from behind me.

I nearly fell down the stairs when I saw Bellatrix behind me with an evil smirk on her face. Bellatrix was the oldest Black family child. I wouldn't say she's a child, she is seventeen. She graduated early since she is marrying into the Lestranges next week. I was never a fan of family gatherings but I was quite happy about the wedding since I would barely see Bellatrix since she'll be in France. And two, Sirius is coming back for the week to celebrate the arranged marriage.

"Hey Bellatrix." I said, staring at my feet. I looked at her face and she always looks menacing and evil.

"Reggie! Reggie!" Narcissa said as she ran towards me before hugging me so tight I could barely breathe.

"N-Narcissa, can you let go please?" I said, grabbing at her hand.

"Oh sorry Reggie. I'm just so happy!"

"Why?" I said.

She frowned, "oh yes, I'm obviously so happy because it's been the first time you've smiled since Sirius left!"

I knew she was kidding but it was true. Ever since Sirius left, teachers have kept asking me if I'm alright. I can't tell the teachers since they're muggles but I don't know how different I look because I always have a bitchy looking face.

I went down the street with Cissy to check our letter box. When Sirius' letter arrived, he was stupid enough to not check the letter box and it stayed there for three days! After seeing that experience with Sirius, I checked everywhere my letter could be. Windows, fireplaces, food, water everywhere that Sirius said his friends found there's until I had one place left. I decided to wait until Cissy got here to check and after two days of waiting, she finally arrived.

"What house do you want to be in Reggie?" She asked whilst skipping towards the letter box.

"To be completely honest Cissy, I don't want to be in Slytherin if I get the choice." I said reluctantly to my brain saying not to.

She stared at me and smiled. "I understand why you want that Reggie but what will your parents think?"

I snickered at the comment Narcissa made. She stared at me in annoyance.

"Narcissa, you've seen what my parents did to Sirius! If I'm anything but Slytherin they'd disown me presumably. Which, I won't be mad about!"

Narcissa frowned and pulled me towards her and hit me in the face.

"Ow Cissy! Why the fuck did you do that!" I moaned.

"I don't want you to leave me Regulus. First Andromeda, then Sirius, and even you now? I need at least one nice person here or I'll be dead by next year!"

I gently pushed her hair out of her face and gave her a massive hug as her tears ran down my shirt.

"Don't worry Narcissa. I will never leave you with these bitches."