Chapter III

Newfound family. 

After finally receiving my letter to go to Hogwarts. Mother, in her kind manner, took me to Diagon Alley. I sent a letter to Sirius' friend James' house to ask if he would like to meet for ice cream but he never responded.

"You were hoping Sirius would come see you, am I right Regulus?" Said mother as she walked me towards the robe shop.

I felt my face turn red. "Yes maman, I was hoping he would come see me before Hogwarts."

She stared down at me. "Regulus, you know how much of a disappointment Sirius is to us. We must teach him not to disrespect our family as he did by being a Gryffindor."

"But mother, Sirius didn't control what house he was sorted into."

"Regulus the hat decides your house by what you want. He wanted to disrespect us. He wanted a reason to leave."

For the rest of the day I barely spoke to my mother. She took me to get robes, school supplies and other necessities but she told me I had to go into Ollivanders on my own.

When I entered it felt empty. As if nothing was in the tiny shop filled to the brim with wands.

"Oh another Black!" An old, frail man hollered from the back room.

"Uh hello, sir." I said, "Are you Ollivander?"

He smiled as he looked at me. "Oh yes, I am. Here for your wand just as your brother was exactly a year ago today?"

I was shocked he had such an amazing memory of being so old. I was about to head up to the counter when a guy around a similar age to me walked into the store. His hair was a dirty rat blonde and he was wearing a dress shirt and sweater that seemed to outline his chubby face.

"Sirius! What are you doing here? I saw you outside a minute ago!" The boy said in shock.

"I'm not Sirius you git. I'm Regulus. His younger brother." I said as I stared down at this pug-like face. Usually, with older kids, I feel threatened but with this little git, I bet I could break his arm with no hesitation.

"Oh." He said stupidly, "I should get going. Bye." And within a second the pudgy little git was outside running towards some group of boys.

When I finally got my wand I was quite pleased with how it looked. It was a dark wood with a unicorn hair core and intricate little flower carvings in the wood. I paid for the wand and when I went outside my mother was nowhere to be seen. Shit mum the ugly bitch. She left me alone. I wasn't that upset with Mum leaving me alone. I did have a chance to go into the Quidditch store (since Mum thinks I need to be the studious son). I grabbed my things and went into the store. I looked at the brooms glistened with shiny polish when I saw a boy. And god this boy was hot. He had messy, thick black hair that matched his brown eyes and skin tone perfectly. His glasses were round and black and his eyelashes looked long. I stared for a moment or two before he looked back at me. Our eyes locked on each other. Fuck! I thought. My face was turning bright red and I quickly turned away and got back to staring at brooms.

After finally contemplating what I thought of the attractive boy I wanted to hide in my closet for the rest of my life and talk to nobody.

I was about to leave when I felt someone tap me on the shoulder.

"What the fuck!" I shouted as I punched the boy behind me.

A bunch of people in the store gave me annoyed looks and a woman used obliviate on her son to forget the word I said.

"Wow Reggie I never saw you as the aggressive brother." The boy laughed.

The laugh. The laugh of the only person I ever felt okay hugging. The only person that cared about me.

"Sirius?" I asked.

"Hey, Reg." He said with his usual smile.

I felt tears falling down my face. I lost my one-cry-a-month plan. But I didn't care. I had Sirius here, he was all I needed at the moment.

"I missed you so fucking much Reggie," Sirius said through tears.

"I thought you weren't gonna show up. Why haven't you written to me in such a long time?"

He stared up at me, "Reg, I didn't know what to do. Mum being the bitch she wrote to me. She said if I wrote to you again you'd be tortured I-" his voice cracked as he swallowed back the tears, "I didn't want you to get hurt by them anymore. I should've just come and brought you with me to James' house. His parents were so kind and offered to let you stay. But I didn't know if you would've wanted to."

"I sighed, "You're a fucking git you know that?"

He laughed with tears, "I know Reg, so are you."

After another five minutes of tears and hugs, Sirius took me to meet his friends.

"Guys, I would like you to meet the best person in the entire six dimensions, REGULUS ARCTURUS BLACK!!!"

His friends whooped and cheered as if I was some kind of celebrity. I looked through the group of boys, I recognised the pug-like git from Ollivanders, he took a glance at me and went back to staring at his shoes. Another boy was sitting on a bench with a book in his hand. He looked up at me and smiled, his smile was soft and gentle; he also had scars all over his face going from his forehead to his neck. I smiled at them all and then I saw it. No, he. The boy I was staring at in the quidditch shop. His glasses were glistening in the rare sunlight we had in London and his hair was even better than when I first saw him. Shit, he knows Sirius! What if he told him I was staring at him? Sirius will ask questions. Fuck I hate questions. I began to blush again when Sirius began talking again.

"OK Reg, the pug there is Peter, the gentle little angel here is Remus and the ignorant one with glasses is James."

James. I thought. His name fitted him so well, even though I just met him I wanted to be his friend so badly. Or maybe even more than friends...

Shut up Reg! I told myself, he looked like the type of guy who only likes girls. You could never date him, he's too good for you!

Being lost in my thoughts they began to stare for a second but went back to their conversations a second later. I sat down next to Remus to stay away from James but Remus began to talk to me.

"It's nice to meet you Regulus. Sirius talks about you so much it's as if I've known you for years."

I laughed, Sirius was an amazing person but I never imagined him constantly talking about me.

"So are all of you in Gryffindor with my brother?" I asked Remus.

"Yeah, we met on the train after he ran into my car after using a stink bomb on a group of Slytehrins. At first, I thought he was a psychopath who I could never be friends with. But now, I realise how I probably would've died without him with me."

I laughed, "So you know how I've felt for the last year!"

Remus laughed but then frowned at me.

"Reg, I understand not having your brother with you is hard but I promise he is always saying how much he wants you at Hogwarts to help him with his stupid pranks." Remus gave me the already iconic smile and patted me on the shoulder before I out of the blue hugged him.