Chapter IV

Severus Snape. Train to Hogwarts. The shit that's Sirius' friends.

When I got home I opened the door to see my mother sitting in the family room with a glass of fire whiskey in her hand.

"Mother?" I scrambled as I tripped and mumbled shit under my breath.

She looked up at me with a wide grin that was very clear she was drunk.

"Regulus! Where were you?" She shouted so loudly the paintings of our family jumped in shock.

"Walburga be quiet will you!" Shouted Grandfather Straum in aggression.

"Oh, I'm sorry I was just worried about my fucking son!"

"If you were worried, why is Sirius with those Potters? He left months ago!"

"He is not my son! He is a fucking bastard and doesn't deserve my respect!"

That was the final straw for me, "shut the fuck up!" I shouted.

Mother stared at me in disbelief. Shit. Mother walked towards me and stared down at my then limp body.

"What did you say, Reggie?"

"I said you should shut the fuck up and stop talking shit about my brother because you know what? He is the only family member who doesn't act like a spoiled brat!"

I felt a little out of breath after my first argument with my mother and I was ready for any punishment she could have for me but instead, she hugged me. I tensed when she wrapped her arms around me and afterwards, I walked away to my bedroom.

After my weird "conversation" with Mother she barely took a second glance at me until she had to take me to Hogwarts. Sirius told me he might not be able to see me whilst on the journey to Hogwarts but he promised he would immediately come to me the moment we arrived.

"Regulus. I hope you have a nice school term." Mother said as she tapped me on my shoulder.

"I will Mother thank you."

She gave me a gentle hug and a nod then she apparated back to the house.

The train was already crowded when I got on. Most cars were occupied so I just kept going until I found an empty one. When I finally sat down some boy who looked a bit older than me tapped on the window. I opened the door and he came in and sat opposite to me.

"You're Sirius' brother." The greasy-haired boy said.

"Yes, I am. You've got a problem with that?"

He smiled a little at my remarks, "No it's good since with you being well, less idiotic than him, you seem like a good friend to have. Oh, I'm Severus Snape by the way."

Snivellus. I thought. I knew Sirius said to not talk to him but wasn't I already? And I guessed Mother wouldn't mind me having a few friends in Slytherin.

"Nice to meet you, Severus; I'm Regulus."

After maybe twenty minutes alone with Severus Snape, I saw a very recognisable face, James.

"Oh hi Regulus, I see you've met a peculiar person called Severus Snape."

"Shut up James." I heard Severus mumble.

I began to talk when a cult of boys ran into the train car.

"REGULUS GET AWAY FROM THAT UGLY ASS GIT!" I heard Sirius cry out from somewhere in the group.

"What the actual fuck is this?" I shouted over the ruckus.

Remus stepped forward and smiled at me but I saw the way he rolled his eyes, he's used to this shit I thought.

"Wanna get out of here?" He asked me.

"God yes." 

So shorter than other parts but I hope it's good :)