Chapter V

Talking to Remus. The sorting.

I never thought that Sirius would have such a calm friend like Remus. He didn't have the same energy that all the other boys had and he seemed like a gentle puppy.

"Sorry for my friends." He said, opening the door to an empty room, "I still don't know why I'm friends with those bastards."

I laughed as I sat down and then I saw Remus' scars. I never gave any thought about them before but now I saw how large and painful they looked. I must've been staring a while because Remus realised.

"Do you want to know how I got them?" He asked eating a chocolate from his pocket.

I felt my face going red from embarrassment, "oh I'm sorry Remus I shouldn't have stared."

"It's fine. Just don't tell any of the guys. Especially Sirius."

I realised when he said Sirius his face went kind of red.

My face went against my will and I smiled at him, "You like my brother don't you?"

He immediately went bright red and looked down at his feet, "Umm yeah I do. I just don't know how to feel since I don't think he likes guys."

I just started laughing and Remus stared at me in confusion.

"I'm sorry Remus for laughing but I have to say that Sirius is gay, and I've known since I was nine. And the way he talks about you, I bet he likes you back."

"Really? Wow, thanks Regulus." He muttered. "I guess I should tell you now about my scars."

Remus' story about his scars was so heartbreaking it made me want to cry like a baby. I couldn't believe he was a werewolf.

"I'm so sorry Remus," I said, gulping down my sadness for him.

"It's fine really, just promise the others won't find it until I'm ready to tell them."

I hugged Remus and he looked down at his watch.

"We should probably get into our uniform."

"Yeah, maybe the others have finally calmed down."

He laughed, "No chance."

When we got to Hogwarts the cool Scotland air was a lot nicer compared to the polluted streets of London. Me and Remus saw the boys waving over at us. When I was walking over a Ravenclaw walked up to me and told me I had to go on the boats. I felt nervous without the boys and when I got into a boat with some other first-year Narcissa ran onto the boat.

"Miss Black! No running!"

"Sorry ma'am." She mumbled.

"Hi Cissy."

"Hello Reggie, where were you?"

"Oh, I was with Remus," I said.

" Sirius' friend?"

"Yeah, he's not mental like Sirius and the other guys."

"Wow I guess that's cool you have multiple friends now." She laughed.

"Fuck off."

"Language Regulus!" She shouted, imitating my mother.

"Haha," I said, rolling my green eyes.

When we finally got over the massive lake the castle seemed bigger than what it was. The turrets seemed to touch the clouds and all I thought was if any student attempted to jump it. I'm weird, I know but I want to know if any student has committed to death willingly.

"Hello students." I heard a strong Scottish accent say from the stairway, "I'm Professor McGonagall, I am head of Gryffindor house and in a few minutes we will be entering the Great Hall where you will be sorted into one of our four houses.

"Who doesn't know this shit?" I heard a boy behind me whisper to his friend.

"Oh let me think." I said mockingly; "oh yeah, muggleborns?"

The ugly blonde boy laughed at me, "Do you mean mudbloods Black?" He shouted so loud Professor McGonagall heard.

"Mr. Dempson!" She hollered over the sound of the nervous first years. "How dare you use foul and inappropriate language like that! You're lucky you're not a gooney yet!"

I imagined my mother saying something like that but the way McGonagall said it I felt safe and not afraid of what she could do.

The boy didn't talk the rest of the time and when the sorting began he was sorted into Hufflepuff. Ha, he's a stinking Hufflepuff when he thought he was a Gryffindor.

"Regulus Arcturus Black ." Professor McGonagall said as she read off the long scroll.

The whole Great Hall went quiet when she said my name. Fuck this shit I'm leaving. My mind said but I forced myself to walk towards the chair sitting in front of everyone.

"Hmm." The hat mumbled, "Where shall I put you? A family with generations in Slytherin but you're cunning and witty just like a Ravenclaw. But you have a thirst for adventure and family like a Gryffindor."

I want to make my parents proud.

"You want to make your parents proud?"

"Y-yes."

The hat didn't do anything for nearly five minutes. This is called a hatstall. I fidgeted with my hands when it shouted so loudly I felt as if I was going deaf.

"SLYTHERIN!"

The Slytherins cheered as Professor McGonagall took the hat off my head and ushered me to the Slytherin table. I looked over to see Sirius staring at me with a look of surprise on his face, he always said I was a Hufflepuff but now he was wrong.

I sat down next to Pandora and Narcissa as Dumbledore did his stupid speech. Severus came next to me and said congrats but all I could think about was how Sirius' friends may never talk to me.

"Reggie, hellooooooooo." Narcissa moaned to me.

"What?" I asked.

She smiled, "Evan Rosier is staring at you. Maybe he likes you."

"Oh my god Cissy, I've known Evan for two years it would be weird if he liked me. And besides, he has a girlfriend."

She sighed, "Pandora, we have to find Reggie a boyfriend."

Pandora was a year younger than Narcissa and a day older than me. She looked exactly like their mother but she was completely different in character. She loves potions and the oddest things but we do love her for it.

"What?" She asked, finally turning away from the potions textbook she had in her lap.

Narcissa moaned and she got up from the table as others began to leave for the Common Rooms.

"Pandora come on," I said, shoving some biscuits into my robe pocket.

"Guys I can't come with you."

"Oh yeah, you're a Ravenclaw."

"I'll see you at breakfast tomorrow."

"By little sis."

"Bye Cissy! Bye, Regulus!"