The Goth and His Psycho: [Chapter Fourteen]

Hey guys sorry for the late upload but My Chemical Romance broke up this weekend and I was too sad to do anything at all. Enjoy anyway xo

*******************************

  “Why did you react like that?” they were in the kitchen, Alex pressing a wad of tissue paper to his head while stirring the pasta to make sure it hadn’t moulded to the pot. 

  “Huh?” Bree looked up from where she was frowning, flicking through a local newspaper at the kitchen table. 

  “When they were talking about Billy and Tom, why did you react the way you did?” usually Alex would have been edgy asking her personal questions, but he was aware that she was all the way across the room, and there was the island in the middle of the kitchen. That space and obstacle put confidence into his words. Bree must have noticed, because her eyes narrowed just a little, flicking down to the island and then back up to him as if calculating how long it would take to run at him. He shifted uneasily.  

  She didn’t answer for a few moments, and Alex had crossed to the cupboards and was taking down various ingredients to mix with the pasta when he finally heard her voice. 

  “Because they know that’s not how it was” Bree sounded like she was trying not to punch things again. 

  “Tuna or tomato sauce?” Alex asked her.

  “What?” 

  “Would you like tuna and salad cream with your pasta, or tomato sauce?” he repeated, glancing at her with raised eyebrows, she frowned for a moment. 

  “Tuna and salad cream” she answered finally, and he nodded his approval. 

  “Not how what was?” he questioned as he worked hard to get the can of tuna open, tugging at the little tab to no avail. 

  Pale hands swatted his away, and Alex was so shocked he dropped the tuna with a jerk. Bree smirked as she lifted it in her hands and twirled the small can nimbly between her pale fingers. 

  “They lied." she muttered, staring desolately at the can "They knew exactly why I killed them. There wasn’t just several reports of Note and Caban having fights with me. They hated me” she shook her head, and then with a simple tug of her deft hands the tin of tuna was splitting open like she’d just opened a packet of crisps. 

  Alex sighed as he took the tin off of her; he really needed to man up. 

  “Why?” he asked, keeping his tone light. 

  “I don’t know” she shrugged as she hopped up to sit on the counter top, inspecting what he was doing with interested but distant eyes. “They tried to kill me all the time.” she shrugged, like it was no big deal. 

  “What?” Alex blanched, glancing at her with wide eyes. She smiled at him and his ignorance. 

  “It’s not a big deal, Pansy” she rolled her eyes, and reached out a hand to ruffle his hair, he swatted her hand away with a scowl, but she just smirked. “It happened all the time there. People tried to kill people constantly.” she shrugged again, but there was a definite downwards tilt to her lips now “Billy and Tom just had a special dislike for me” she sighed and shook her head.

  Alex waited, stirring the pasta, he wished she would carry on talking. But Bree wasn't really the type to offer information if it wasn't asked after and he felt too awkward to ask. He knew it must be difficult to talk about, and he didn't want to make her feel pressured. 

  Finally after a few minutes of tense silence, she gave a heavy sigh and punched him lightly in the arm, rolling her eyes. 

  “Just ask, Pansy” she said with exasperation.