The Goth and His Psycho: [Chapter Nineteen]

Alex stared up at his ceiling, too awake to even think about sleeping. Bree was spread out next to him on her front, her eyes closed peacefully and breathing even. Alex’s quilt was pulled up to her shoulder blades, her hands stuffed under the pillows.

  He laid on his back, the quilt around his waist and his hands behind his head. 

  He didn’t really know what to do, he wondered if he should be cuddled up to Bree, or she should be laid on him or something, but he figured it would be weird to pick her up now and disturb her sleep. He supposed he was just trying to distract his thoughts, which were still focussed on the… event, that happened a few hours before. 

  It had been awkward at first, Alex obviously knew the gist of what happened, he was a teenage boy; he’d watched porn. But it was one thing watching it and a whole new thing actually doing it. But even so, he knew he was supposed to be the one in control and it felt weird, Bree was always in control. 

  Eventually she’d just asked him, and when he admitted he didn’t want to… take the wheel, she’d happily taken over. Bree had asked him questions before doing anything, to make sure he was okay with it and he was glad of that. He’d felt too hot and awkward leading up to it, but Bree had been kind and steady throughout the whole thing and kept him from panicking. 

  When they actually got down to it, it had been great of course, Alex had never felt anything like it and it was perfect, he’d no longer felt awkward, and he’d taken back some control. 

Bree stirred next to him and he turned when she opened her eyes, she blinked a few times and focussed on him, and her face lit up in a smile.

  “Why are you awake?” he asked her in a whisper. He reached over to trail his fingers over her back, she shuddered, but grinned at him. 

  She shrugged, “You?” 

  “Couldn’t sleep” he smiled, his thumb smoothing at the back of her neck. Her eyes slid closed again, an absent smile on her lips. He reached over and pressed his lips to hers, her eyes fluttered open and she moved forward as he went to move back, extending the kiss. His hand went to the side of her face, pulling her closer. After a moment Bree shifted, moving so she rested on her back rather than front, and Alex sighed in content as he moved to hover above her. 

  She chuckled and pulled away, much to Alex’s disappointment. 

  “You need to sleep” she whispered, stroking his cheek. 

  “I don’t want to” he pouted, she laughed. He pressed his lips to hers, but after a moment she angled away, glaring at him playfully. He growled, pushing his face into her neck, she stroked at his hair and after a few moments he found his eyes getting heavy. 

  Alex moved so his head was resting on her chest, her steady heartbeat loud in his ear, his arm sprawled over her stomach. Her arms were around his shoulders, one hand stuck in his hair. 

  “Night, Pansy” she said softly. 

***

  He was running, running so fast every time he threw a foot forward his joints creaked and groaned in protest. He didn’t know what he was running from, only that he needed to get away, and fast, because it was coming, and coming quickly. 

  Sweat poured down his body as he ran, panting as he followed the winding path into the forest. The path was clear, the ground flat, easy to run on, but even so, he tripped several times, colliding with the earth with a bone crushing force and panting for breath, black spots popping in front of his eyes from pain.