The Goth and His Psycho: [Chapter Twenty Five]

Warning: Please be wary of reading on, this chapter contains mature content with scenes of violence and of a sexual nature so just be wary.

Also a trigger warning: Sexual assault is hinted at but not described. 

****

  Dylan had straightened and stood at his full, impressive height, while Alex struggled unsteadily to his feet to watch Bree opposite. Dylan's eyes raked Bree's frame, taking her in with the appreciation only associated with lust, but Alex looked only at her face. 

  Surprisingly, she wasn't livid. In fact, she didn't even glance his way, despite the fact his breathing was laboured and heavy, and every time his aching body moved he let out a slow, pain-filled whine. No one looked at him. The other boys had eyes only for Bree too. She stood with her arms across her chest, her shoulder blades leaning back against the thick tree, which left her hips stuck out into the air in front of her, straining against the material of the shirt she wore. Her head rested against the bark too, her long dark hair, which they'd recently dyed again and had grown out in length, fell over her shoulders and down her chest. 

  Her face wasn't angry, but she took in every detail. Alex watched as her eyes darted everywhere, picking up everything around her with a precision that was not unlike that of someone like Sherlock Holmes. Despite the fact she hadn't finished education, Alex was once again overwhelmed by how extraordinarily smart she was, perhaps not school smart, but Bree had a whole different world of intelligence that no normal human being would ever possess; it wasn't something that could be taught or learnt, it just was.

  "How's it going, boys?" she raised a curious eyebrow, her voice was neutral, only just interested in Alex's welfare.

  "Good, good!" Dylan scrambled to talk, and grabbed Alex around the shoulders "We're just... showing him a good time"

  "Mmm," she inspected her nails with little interest "Looks like a great time" when she looked up, her eyes locked on Dylan's and he gulped, his Adam's apple bobbing uncertainly.  

  Alex knew the glint in her eyes, a hungry look that could break men in half and devour their free will. Her lips were parted, and they looked soft and inviting in the low light, and it didn't help when she sucked her bottom lip into her mouth and let it pop back out wetly, and all of that without even reading into the meaning behind her words. Dylan was practically trembling, and Alex thought for a moment that he might have pitied him in better circumstances. 

  "Would you like to join?" 

  It would have been a good line, Alex reflected, if only Dylan's voice hadn't wobbled. Bree threw back her head and laughed, but it was flirtatious and warm and inviting. She didn't laugh at Alex like that. Dylan laughed a little too, but he was clearly nervous. 

  "Sure thing" Bree looked only at Dylan. 

  Jealousy ripped through Alex's chest as Dylan stuttered for a moment and turned to shove Alex into the arms of his nearest friend. 

  "Take care of him" Dylan growled, and moved steadily towards Bree, who stood smiling softly. "I don't care how; just keep it quiet" 

  "Can we join?" Alex didn't catch who asked. 

  "Fuck no" Dylan threw it over his shoulder. 

  A heavy sigh, and then pain blinded Alex and he stumbled, stars popping in front of his eyes. His body had been wrenched around to face the spot Bree and Dylan occupied, and Alex watched in dismay as Dylan stopped just shy of her body - his massive frame dwarfing her size - and reached for her. Bree grinned and didn't even complain as he seized her hips and pulled her tight to his body.